Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY wooden hairstick

Default Re: DIY wooden hairstick

Quote Originally Posted by Stormynights View Post

I made these. The owls are beads that I got on etsy. I gifted the spiral one to someone in a swap. I hope she liked it.
    Those are so cute; what's not to like?!

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I should have said I hope she wears it. I can't even remember who got it but she did say she liked it I have things that I like bbuut i don't wear.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I should have said I hope she wears it. I can't even remember who got it but she did say she liked it I have things that I like bbuut i don't wear.
    That was a very creative idea and I love it!!!

Length
    20"/20"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I made these. The owls are beads that I got on etsy. I gifted the spiral one to someone in a swap. I hope she liked it.

Wow!! Those are SO cool!

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I had fun making them. I just cut sticks off trees in my yard. Both finished with oil only. I got some large owl beads and put one on a fat SS double pointed knitting needle that I cut off. It looks like a metal fence post I think.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

DweamGoiL : Oops, looks like I failed to properly search the boards beforehand ... Sorry. Well, I read and like your tutorial too

Stormynights, samanthaa, and DweamGoiL (in your WEO challenge) : your sticks look really cool ! (I can't wait to try it too )
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Any idea if you need a special knife for this, or what the best kinda knife would be? In the image it looks more like a chisel.. Thanks for the idea I love it.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Borgessa View Post
    Any idea if you need a special knife for this, or what the best kinda knife would be? In the image it looks more like a chisel.. Thanks for the idea I love it.
    For knives, it's usually woodcarving knives. They usually come in some kind of set with various types of knives for different effects.

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    DweamGoiL : Oops, looks like I failed to properly search the boards beforehand ... Sorry. Well, I read and like your tutorial too

Stormynights, samanthaa, and DweamGoiL (in your WEO challenge) : your sticks look really cool ! (I can't wait to try it too )
    No worries and thank you You definitely should try it, it's a nice relaxing experience and you can let your imagination go wild. As you see, everyone has their own spin on this type of stick. Full disclosure, there is this tree right outside my window and it actually belongs 2 yards down, but the owners never prune it so it was constantly knocking on and scraping my window so in the interest of keeping it tidy and providing me with some material for sticks, well, you get the gist...
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; June 7th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I used a chisel and Dremel.

I spotted some owls on Etsy....I may give that a try if I can find the right stick

Stormy.
    ..did you glue them as well...with what?
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; June 7th, 2017 at 01:21 PM.