Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair updo's/styles for moms with littles?

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hair updo's/styles for moms with littles?

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Usually a nautilus or LWB. Just have to be careful with sticks if you carry your little one on your back. I also used to wear a wide headband so my kids couldn't pull my nape hairs.
    Yes, my baby has many times tried to grab my hair fork or nape hairs while being worn on my back - just when I think she knows better too

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    My cousin pulled my aunt’s earring when he was a baby and did slice her earlobe in half so good call
    Yikes

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luthiene View Post
    Thank you! I will do that. And I think that may be part of my problem, hair sticks/forks are my go to and I have not mastered spin pins or other ways to hold it up well without also using elastic which I don't like for every-day usage. I really like the idea of DPN pins, I had not heard of them before but looked them up and I could see those being helpful for me as well.
    Most new methods/tools take a little practice to adapt, so don't give up when it doesn't come out perfect on the first try. Frustrating, I know, when also dealing with littles, but you will get there.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have hair, ATM, between APL & BSL (arm pit & bra strap), and a peacock twist works best. It's fast to do, just grab, twist, secure with a claw clip. Before this, with the hair that you see in my signature, I wore a nautilus bun, before that a lazy wrap bun; these buns should be easy enough to find info on. If you can't work out how to do these buns, just ask any of us here, but yes, buns (done the right way, so not a pony with an elastic, pulled through a couple times) are amazing and it's all out of the way. A luxury you don't totally have with a peacock twist.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

My one mom friend with BCL hair tends to default to a single english braid most of the time. Sometimes she braids it on the side instead, or does a messy topknot bun.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE