Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long hair in paintings and things of old...

Length
    buzz/buzz/26"
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Long hair in paintings and things of old...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    That's beautiful!

In 2013 DH and I went to Skagen in northern Denmark and this painting was in the museum, an odd subject but I did love the hair!
    It looks like your hair, Sarah!

^ This is a picture postcard of Atayal indigenous people of Taiwan, which shows a woman with beautiful knee-length hair. This postcard is in the collection of Lafayette College Special Collections. I just think it's beautiful, I love the natural taper of her hair.

^ These are two more picture postcards, dating from approximately 1905. They depict two Alsacian women - one whose classic-length hair is down and being dressed by the other one. This is such a playful and sweet pair of images featuring hair. I love their amazing Schlupfkapp hair pieces as well, so neat to see the traditional headgear of Strasbourg/Alsace in a souvenir postcard from that era.
    Last edited by queencarrion; January 9th, 2020 at 01:40 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

queencarrion, those are neat! Thanks for posting!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I don't know if it was in one of the videos from earlier in this thread, but Birth of Venus by Botticelli is my favorite painting of all time https://www.google.be/search?q=birth...UM5KTJVXYfzvKM

Victoria Frances likes to draw long hair too https://www.google.be/search?q=victo...6K_9u8PupyWoAQ

This one by Yoshitaka Amano https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.3446...000,f8f8f8.jpg

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

What a great source, I want them to be a screensaver that automatically plays the slideshow with soft classical music
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Hip/Ftl/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I´m on tumblr and I follow some art blogs so those paintings pop up from time to time. They´re not easy to find because not everyone tags their posts but this blog for example has a long hair tag and you can see many more.

Auguste Levêque - Hymne à la Femme (1909) (tumblr post)

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Edmund Blair Leighton's work has a lot of long-haired (and sometimes very long-haired) women. He was a pre-Raphaelite painter, so that should tell you most of what you need to know about his style. (Actually, most of the pre-Raphaelites have long-haired women in their paintings.) His work is mainly medieval themed and extremely beautiful and detailed. If you've ever seen The Accolade, with the woman in a white dress knighting a man, that's his painting. I would highly recommend looking him up.

(Sorry I can't imbed an image. I'm pretty new and I don't think I have the right user permissions.)

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Christi May View Post
    Edmund Blair Leighton's work has a lot of long-haired (and sometimes very long-haired) women. He was a pre-Raphaelite painter, so that should tell you most of what you need to know about his style. (Actually, most of the pre-Raphaelites have long-haired women in their paintings.) His work is mainly medieval themed and extremely beautiful and detailed. If you've ever seen The Accolade, with the woman in a white dress knighting a man, that's his painting. I would highly recommend looking him up.

(Sorry I can't imbed an image. I'm pretty new and I don't think I have the right user permissions.)
    Ah yes, you mean this image.

It's so very iconic. I've been in love with that painting for a long time.

(Nevermind the fact that most medieval european ladies would have kept their hair mostly or fully covered based on the actual art from the time.)
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE