View Poll Results: What is the shortest your hair has ever been (not including birth)

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • shaved

42 21.76%
  • short pixie

54 27.98%
  • shaggy pixie

20 10.36%
  • bob

51 26.42%
  • shoulder

17 8.81%
  • APL

4 2.07%
  • mid back

3 1.55%
  • waist

1 0.52%
  • hip

1 0.52%
  • TBL

0 0%
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the shortest your hair has ever been?

Length
    19/48/46 FT
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: What's the shortest your hair has ever been?

Mine was around 1993, after watching "Terminator2" I felt a sudden desire to have a hairstyle like young John Connor That cured me once and for all from boyish haircuts

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

The shortest my hair has ever been, if you don't count when I was a baby and it simply wasn't that long yet, is just a bit above bra-strap length, which is what it's at now. Apart from trims (and those were quite few and far between), I have only cut significant length off of it twice in my life, as far as I remember. Once in the 5th grade, and once this year. But the *longest* my hair has been (terminal length) is only down to my waist, and that's just the straggly ends of it. I have curly, crazy hair and I've only started trying to work with it down this year. Before that, I'd spent all my time since puberty (when it went from pretty waves to ugly frizz) tying it up one way or another, so the damage made it break quickly. I also think I just don't have a very long terminal length, even with healthy hair. My mother doesn't cut her hair often and dry (that is, curly) it doesn't reach much past her shoulders.

(as to why I've never gone short: I don't want an afro! XD)

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Pixie

and I will never go back!

Length
    13in/26 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Mine was a pixie. It was razor cut too, so growing that out was a nightmare. I decided never to cut it above shoulder length again.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Neck/W-T/Knees
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

The shortest I had was a chin length bob, I had been going back forth between a chin bob, and Apl til I had my last short cut 3 years ago.

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I don't think I have ever had hair shorter than just below my ears, that was the standard cut my mum took me for.

I didn't much like my hair that length.
    The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
    Robert Jackson

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Pixie! Very short and spikey and I absolutely LOVED IT!!! Honestly, cutting it short was so freeing....almost rebellious feeling!

It was soooo easy to deal with on a daily basis and I got complimented all the time. However, after 12 yrs with a pixie I decided it was time for a change. My hair was BSL in my younger years for about....hmmm... 2-3 yrs maybe?? It was permed and hot rolled.(80's baby) Essentially A LOT of work!

Currently I'm shoulder length (just barely) and my hair drives me absolutely insane some days! I can't *do* anything with it. I feel like it looks crappy for the most part and I can't wait until it's long enough to put up and out of my way. (mostly for work purposes) On days off and weekends I fully expect to wear it down.

I know that I know that I know, the day will come that I will go back to that pixie cut. My face gets hidden by all my hair and it seems that short hair brings out my features. That time will be several years in the future though as I'm looking forward to playing with long hair again. (headed to BSL)
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    15/37,8/39.4
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

My longest length was tailbone length, and the shortest was shoulder length. Then I started growing to come back to tailbone length (now I got BSL).

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

When I was like 10 a hairdresser cut my hair to about 2 inches It was the worst haircut of all time.
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    SL/BSL+/hip
    Type
    2a/M/iii

The shortest I've had was chin-length. The longest was just a few inches longer than now, so pretty soon my hair will be longer than ever (I've never had waist-length hair in my entire life. Also I haven't had a pixie...)