Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flouncing / Suicide Posting

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Flouncing / Suicide Posting

"If everyone here is mean and hates you there is no point in posting goodbye, you are likely on their ignore list and they won't see it anyway".

Thats what I vote for
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    The key point being that flaming is unacceptable behavior, regardless of whether one does it on their way out the door or while they're planning on staying. If you burn the bridge behind you as you cross the river, you shouldn't be surprised when you can't come back!
    Yes. I don't see a problem with "Well my internet is being turned off, I will miss you" or "Joining the Peace Corps, see you in two years!" It's just the "You all suck, the moderators administrators and members have launched a SECRET CONSPIRACY against me, and I'm posting this so noobs can know the TRUE FACTS. THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM."
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    Yes. I don't see a problem with "Well my internet is being turned off, I will miss you" or "Joining the Peace Corps, see you in two years!" It's just the "You all suck, the moderators administrators and members have launched a SECRET CONSPIRACY against me, and I'm posting this so noobs can know the TRUE FACTS. THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM."
    People have been launching SECRET CONSPIRACIES? I didn't know that! Dang, I need to get out more!
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

OK, Gang. The Guidelines have been updated to include revised language in Item #3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Community Guidelines
    If you should choose to leave the community, please do so graciously. Posting an overly-dramatic farewell message on your way out (i.e. "flouncing") constitutes flaming behavior and may result in a permanent ban.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    OK, Gang. The Guidelines have been updated to include revised language in Item #3.

You all suck, the moderators administrators and members have launched a SECRET CONSPIRACY against me, and I'm posting this so noobs can know the TRUE FACTS. THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALL HATE ME!

Just kidding
    Pegs

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

I think I'm with redbark. What about the people who are genuinely in distress?

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    People who are genuinely in distress are still expected to be polite. It's ok to leave. It's ok to take a break.

It's not ok to launch a few handgrenades and run.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Can't they post that they are in distress, without insulting people?

My hair sucks today, so I'm kind of in distress about it. Look, that wasn't so hard.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

There's a big difference between:

"I am not enjoying my time here and have been very stressed and distraught and am taking a break"

and........

"I'm leaving this group, none of you care! My life is so miserable and no one here even cares if I live or die.".

The first is a rational good-bye, the second is attention mongering.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Actually upon reflection, I do know of some peope here who have been pretty badly behaved in the past and because they are well known to the long standing members and mods, they have been given second chances. The reason they have been given second chances is because they are basically good people and always have been good for the community until certain issues cropped up in their lives, causing a change in personality. This was a saving grace for those people and they are wonderful contributing members after the personal situation has died down.

I have also seen many chances be given to certain members and wondered, why the heck are they not banning this person right this instant. Eventually that person was banned, but not after a lot of consideration by the mods. I realize that all things must be taken into consideration and that the mods have some very heavy decisions to weigh. I guess I have to say that I trust the instincts of the mods and the choices they make.

I just worry about some people that's all. Sometimes even the good people go off the rails every now and again. I'd hate to see one of them get booted.