Page 5 of 303 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Length
    15"/16"/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

My hair is chin length too, so I'll join y'all in this thread. I just wear it down all of the time because no matter how I try to wear it up, it just never looks right. I think this may be the most frustrating hair stage! My dream for now is just to be able to feel it brush against my shoulders. :/

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I just micro-trimmed a little.. I don't see any difference LOL. But if I microtrim every 3 months or so, I hope my hair will look better in half a year or so.

Sigh, I'm so bored with it! When I started growing out my pixie I thought that this length I have now (a little longer than chin-length) would be amazing. And now I have it and I'm so bored of it! :P I need longer hair, loooonger!
    I feel like, ideally, you wouldn't notice any difference from a micro-trim. You don't want to lose any length at this stage X( I had a couple of not-so-micro trims while I was growing out my pixie that were pretty depressing...but I'm only micro-trimming until my hair gets long enough to DO anything with...and I'm trying for only trimming twice a year :O I had one in June, so next one is supposed to be around December...we'll see how that goes.
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I just micro-trimmed a little.. I don't see any difference LOL. But if I microtrim every 3 months or so, I hope my hair will look better in half a year or so.
    I microtrim too--pretty frequently, actually. In my final semester of college this past spring, I was so crazy busy that I didn't trim or henna for 3 or 4 months. I could really see the difference in growth! My hair seemed to stay exactly the same length. Granted, stress plays a role too, but since I began microtrimming again, my hair has put on noticable length.

What about buying a new hairtoy --clip, barrette, etc. to cure some of your boredom?

Quote Originally Posted by Indigostreams View Post
    My hair is chin length too, so I'll join y'all in this thread. I just wear it down all of the time because no matter how I try to wear it up, it just never looks right. I think this may be the most frustrating hair stage! My dream for now is just to be able to feel it brush against my shoulders. :/
    Hi indigostreams! (nice user name, btw!) I also look forward to being able to feel my hair on my shoulders! For some reason though, I think shoulder length will be my awkward stage. The not-long-but-not-short stage.

Have you tried half-ups or headbands? I was watching Wooster and Jeeves (Love me some old Brittish comedies), and all the ladies had their hair parted at the side with a pretty clip. So I've been inspired to seek out a cool vintage clip to try it out myself!

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    I microtrim too--pretty frequently, actually. In my final semester of college this past spring, I was so crazy busy that I didn't trim or henna for 3 or 4 months. I could really see the difference in growth! My hair seemed to stay exactly the same length. Granted, stress plays a role too, but since I began microtrimming again, my hair has put on noticable length.

What about buying a new hairtoy --clip, barrette, etc. to cure some of your boredom?
    Well, my problem is 1. I already own way WAY too many hairtoys and I hardly use them (sigh, so stupid!). Today I did wear a scarf (retro/hipster style ) and I think I'll do that tomorrow as well. I also bought hairdye! A more red red instead of copper red/usual henna... and 2. my hair seems to grow faster as soon as I don't trim/go to the salon! It has gotten so much longer the last 3 months, crazy!

I'm also growing out my bangs and they're getting quite long now, but also CRAZY oily if I wear them 'down' (a.k.a. not pinned back). It's really annoying!

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

^ Ah, I see Oktobergoud.

I am having the same itch for more vibrant hair. Once upon a time, I used to dye my hair a vibrant red and loved it! How I miss it. Have been thinking of trying manic panic. What did you pick up?

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

^ Ah, I see Oktobergoud.

I am having the same itch for more vibrant hair. Once upon a time, I used to dye my hair a vibrant red and loved it! How I miss it. Have been thinking of trying manic panic. What did you pick up?
    I highly recommend Manic Panic, and Special FX. I believe they are both vegan (as in, contain no animal products AND are not tested on animals). I used to bleach the daylights out of my hair and dye it pink, purple, green, etc...it was really fun! But my hair felt like crap The cool thing is that you can just use it over virgin hair and it'll just wash out, it doesn't damage your hair at all. It will give a tinted effect over dark hair.
    Miss my ponytail.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    I highly recommend Manic Panic, and Special FX. I believe they are both vegan (as in, contain no animal products AND are not tested on animals). I used to bleach the daylights out of my hair and dye it pink, purple, green, etc...it was really fun! But my hair felt like crap The cool thing is that you can just use it over virgin hair and it'll just wash out, it doesn't damage your hair at all. It will give a tinted effect over dark hair.
    Thanks for the thumbs up! I was going to try a reddish-orange color, diluted in conditioner. Do you have any suggestions as to which color I should try? I'd rather the red fade to orange/warm and not pink/cool.

I've been using the Aveda Madder Root conditioner but it's pricey and I have to use a lot to get even coverage.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I bought some boxdye from Garnier! My friend uses it all the time (exact same colour) and her hair is a lovely vibrant red. She also uses henna in between! I just want a change, just for once (after that it's all henna again! ) I'm already a bit nervous about the damage but hey, you only live once, or something

Just a question: when do you consider hair shoulder length? I'm not sure yet. I do know that my hair right now isn't shoulder length, but I have the feeling it is getting quite close! Just wondering what your opinions are

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks for the thumbs up! I was going to try a reddish-orange color, diluted in conditioner. Do you have any suggestions as to which color I should try? I'd rather the red fade to orange/warm and not pink/cool.

I've been using the Aveda Madder Root conditioner but it's pricey and I have to use a lot to get even coverage.
    I don't know...one time in high school my red faded to a very cool neon salmon color (over bleached hair), so it was weird...a cool orange doesn't really make sense. By cool of course I mean cool on the color wheel, not fashionable. It did not look hip.

I guess go for a more orangey red rather than a magenta or purplish red. The thing is, if you don't bleach your hair first, I don't think it's going to fade to a different color. It will just fade to your hair color.
    Miss my ponytail.

Length
    15"/16"/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Thanks Neecola No, I'm not a headband type-of-girl, and I suck at doing my hair nice. Plus I don't have patience for it. I think I might try wearing it in a barrette soon.