Page 4451 of 4454 FirstFirst ... 3451395143514401444144494450445144524453 ... LastLast
Results 44,501 to 44,510 of 44534

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Yesterday I had the thought in my head that "I feel sad and want to cut my hair".
    So naturally, what I did was to log out of LHC, so that I could focus on anything other than hair, thinking that next day I'd regret it if I did cut off length.
    Today, I feel better and am really glad I didn't give in to that impulse.

Do any of you get such recurring thoughts, and what ways do you use battle/overcome them with? Just curious.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

I always forget that if I only S&D in one lighting, I will always miss things. I seem to only be able to see white dots at the very ends of the hair in natural light, never under a lamp. I need to "finish" my S&D session in natural light soon.

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I never want to cut my hair when I'm sad. Not even when my grandmother died a few years ago. I cried for about a day, though. Instead, I went on Etsy and looked for a memorial with a picture that I could give to all of the grandkids (I'm the oldest). When I looked on Mom's calendar later (I don't mark mine up like she does. That's what dry erase boards are for), I realized that I got the date wrong (I thought she died on October 9th, but it was actually October 10th, one month and five days before her 97th birthday, so she almost lived as long as my great grandmother, who lived until she was 97).

To get over urges like this, I just have to remind myself that I've lost my hair to chemo, and if I cut it too short, I have to deal with all the annoying "Oh, you look so cute with short hair!" comments. Also, that I've done something I said I would never do: get an "age appropriate" hairstyle. Nope, it stays long, even if I have to learn how to trim it myself (but not until the "no trim challenge" is over), since I don't trust hairdressers.
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Length
    MBL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    Yesterday I had the thought in my head that "I feel sad and want to cut my hair".
    So naturally, what I did was to log out of LHC, so that I could focus on anything other than hair, thinking that next day I'd regret it if I did cut off length.
    Today, I feel better and am really glad I didn't give in to that impulse.

Do any of you get such recurring thoughts, and what ways do you use battle/overcome them with? Just curious.
    I can definitely relate - I recently cut back to MBL, and was actually planning for it to be even more drastic at the time Big regrets! I feel like your strategy of ignoring your hair for a bit and distracting yourself with others things is probably one of the best things we can do - will certainly be trying that next time, instead of going through another hair cut I'm bound to regret

Length
    6/26.5/41/53
    Type
    4a/F/ii

Drink more water!
    APL/MBL/WL/HL/TBL/CL
    2019/2023/2025/2026/2030
    (SL-TBL=2009-2013/Hair loss=2013-2023)

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

I absolutely LOVE feeling my hair brush against my back
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Hm, starting to wonder if acidic bonding treatments using citric acid might work like citric acid rinses for hard water... they do make my hair feel cleansed, lighter, and shiny... maybe that'll be an experiment I do one day...

Length
    33/55/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Lots of long hair in Eurovision, if anyone was watching this year XD

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

g_lou Totally! And at least some of them seemed like it might be their real hair and not extensions?

There were some with tbl and beyond hair. And thick too
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Why is it that I'm constantly seeing split ends throughout the day, but the second I sit down with my scissors to do a dedicated S&D session, I can't find a thing?
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.