Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

Length
    ~20"/55"/55"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: How about a 'No Length Check Challenge'?

I'm in through Christmas Eve. I've never been a big length checker, but now that I'm actually closing in on goal length I'm starting to go 'is it longer?' every time I take a shower. No, no it's not.

My hair grows slowly so it probably won't actually grow those last three inches by Christmas, but it's certainly not going get there in the meantime.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I just let it grow while going towards classic. Before BSL I was "obsessed" with gaining length, until at one point I just... let it go, stopped measuring, and just gauged my length according to milestones, roughly and when I saw I was close I measured to the milestone. It is such a relief and so easy.

Because it's going to grow anyway, if there's no major hiccups (like iron shortage, breakage, heat damage), and it's just time that has to go over it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0cm/APL/CL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

I guess I qualify for this challenge, mainly because I don't have a reliable way to measure my highly textured hair.
    Every wash comes out different, and I have been exclusively wearing my hair in twists for my job for the past 2 months.
    The closest I get to measuring is seeing how many strands have reached waist when my hair is fully saturated in the shower.
    At this point I'm basically just doing what lapushka mentioned. I know where my hair is, I know where I want it to be,
    and that's about as good as I'm going to get these days!
    2 yrs 4 yrs 6 yrs 7 yrs 8 yrs 9 yrs 10 yrs
    Hip (90 cm) stretched

lady karni mata, keeper of the long-tailed scouts in the order of the long haired knights

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I'm trying to put some blinders on and force myself to stop obsessing! It's fun not knowing how long my hair is can't frustrate me if I don't know
    This is exactly right. If you can keep putting your hair into that cool bun you did not long ago, you'll not have to worry about how long your hair is... it's long enough for a nice bun, and that's longer than most people's hair.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I forgot i will do a length shot for my two(actually 5) year anniversary on LHC. Guess i'll have to start the challenge after that.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Eh, what's the point? Hair grows more or less 5 inches/year (apparently Asian-heritage folks grow a little faster, African-heritage folks a little slower). Thinking good thoughts is not going to make it grow faster. Maintaining good nutrition might not help it go faster, but should keep it from going slower than your natural tendencyr.

https://www.livescience.com/42868-ho...hair-grow.html
    Last edited by dyna; August 6th, 2019 at 10:02 PM.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dyna View Post
    Eh, what's the point? Hair grows more or less 5 inches/year (apparently Asian-heritage folks grow a little faster, African-heritage folks a little slower). Thinking good thoughts is not going to make it grow faster. Maintaining good nutrition might not help it go faster, but should keep it from going slower than your natural tendencyr.

I don't think anyone here is expecting their hair to grow faster. Some (like myself) get a little obsessed with checking length and as they say, a watched pot never boils

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dyna View Post

Did you read the original post at all? This has nothing to do with speeding up hair growth.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Ok, so starting the challenge today. I will take my next length pic on november 7th.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I'm new here but I would love to join this! Right now, my hair is at 18" and I'm hoping to make it to waist length (23" on me) by my birthday. That's 5" in 7 months and at the rate my hair grows it's going to happen regardless of checking.

Thanks for the cool challenge. I tend to fixate so this should help me avoid measuring 7 times a day.