Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

As promised, I am back from the Brazilian grocery with a couple new things to try ( ; Shall report back once I have used them! Pardon the lack of diacritics.

In the first place, a Farmax oil "capilar e/y corporal, recuperacao e hidratacao." I had used and really liked their oil + aloe blend before, but ran through a ton of it this winter with my skin being so dry; this one is an argan oil blend.

In the second place, a Skala Expert mask/CO wash "argila branca e oleo de jasmim." Supposed to be hydrating, and looking at the ingredients it's about what I would typically look for in a conditioner, but cheaper than a lot of drugstore ones available here for the size ($5/1 kg).

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Did you tested their garlic tonic (tônico de alho)? Smells bad, but hair grows faster (for the majority, not for me unfortunately). Coast about U$2,50-3,00.
    I looked for it today and they don't have it at my grocery : P Hence getting the Skala Expert mask instead.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Skala cost below U$ 1,00. We use as a conditioner too, it's weak for a hair mask (at virgin hair works well, or combined with others). Anyway, your hair is chemically damage?

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Anyway, your hair is chemically damage?
    No, henna only. But my hair is textured and prone to dryness, so I'm usually looking for humectant-heavy products anyway.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Curly girls use as pre-shampoo and comb cream. They say that great for define the curls (and waves), some of them use combined with a oil or gel, especially if it is difficult to maintain curls during the week. My hair is straight (chemically), but I remember that my mom used to apply in mine before we go to the beach. Great memories.

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Curly girls use as pre-shampoo and comb cream. They say that great for define the curls (and waves), some of them use combined with a oil or gel, especially if it is difficult to maintain curls during the week. My hair is straight (chemically), but I remember that my mom used to apply in mine before we go to the beach. Great memories.
    Ah, great! Will probably try it out this weekend : )

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    As promised, I am back from the Brazilian grocery with a couple new things to try ( ; Shall report back once I have used them! Pardon the lack of diacritics.

In the first place, a Farmax oil "capilar e/y corporal, recuperacao e hidratacao." I had used and really liked their oil + aloe blend before, but ran through a ton of it this winter with my skin being so dry; this one is an argan oil blend.

In the second place, a Skala Expert mask/CO wash "argila branca e oleo de jasmim." Supposed to be hydrating, and looking at the ingredients it's about what I would typically look for in a conditioner, but cheaper than a lot of drugstore ones available here for the size ($5/1 kg).
    Okay, I tried the Skala yesterday as a CO wash. Very pleased! It gives you that super-soppy, wet seaweed kind of feeling without having to let it sit terribly long. It also rinses out more easily than some other conditioners of this general type (no butters/waxes to weigh it down). I will state that it is EXTREMELY strong-smelling, so it's a good thing I don't mind jasmine XD

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

This mask is Chá Latte Matchá + Leite Vegetal from Lola Cosmetics. I paid U$ 7,00 (R$ 35,00) for it. It is made with green tea butter, cocoa milk, shea butter, and other vegetal extracts. The product promises strength, it's vegan, doesn't have silicone or parabens. I like to use this as a conditioner, but an alternative way is as a scalp treatment! The mask is lightwheight, so I apply on my scalp before shampoo, massage it for 3 minutes and rinse. I use just a little bit of cream, because my hair is fine and can get oil if I use too much product. My scalp is less sensitive and flaky, using this product this way helped me a lot during this winter (hot showers). The bottle has 300ml (10,5oz), a great amount for the price.

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Ehehehe, it was a big surprise when I scrolled further down and saw the packaging ( :

Length
    14/29/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Wow that bottle is so cute! Wish they sold Brazilian products here so that I could try.