Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Cosmetics and accessories avaliable in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    I picked up a mask at the Brazilian grocery today: Bio Extratus "banho de creme tutano ceramidas e manteiga de karite." We'll see how it goes; shea butter things are often too heavy for my hair, but it's pretty far down the list of ingredients on this one, and the top is dominated with cetearyl alcohol and glycerin, which always agree with my hair.
    Oh everyone here goes through a creme de tutano(bonemarrow hair mask) phase lol I used that one a lot when I was younger and loved it, but I admit I wasn't paying too much attention to my hair back then lol
    @morganazoric on Ig | @morganazor on TikTok

July-december 2023 benign neglect challenge(no trimming).

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I picked up a mask at the Brazilian grocery today: Bio Extratus "banho de creme tutano ceramidas e manteiga de karite." We'll see how it goes; shea butter things are often too heavy for my hair, but it's pretty far down the list of ingredients on this one, and the top is dominated with cetearyl alcohol and glycerin, which always agree with my hair.
    This brand is a classic of local haircare! This line in specific, is very old and still loved. Can be heavy for some hair types, but not often. Different of Skala and Novex, isn't recommended to use a huge amount of product (the 1kg is a illusion, only exist for long haired ladies).

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverinna View Post
    Oh everyone here goes through a creme de tutano(bonemarrow hair mask) phase lol I used that one a lot when I was younger and loved it, but I admit I wasn't paying too much attention to my hair back then lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    This brand is a classic of local haircare! This line in specific, is very old and still loved. Can be heavy for some hair types, but not often. Different of Skala and Novex, isn't recommended to use a huge amount of product (the 1kg is a illusion, only exist for long haired ladies).
    Thank you, friends! I'll give it a try this weekend, in moderation : D

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Okay, this one was an interesting experience! It was a little difficult to work into my hair; perhaps because of the shea butter content, it initially wanted to slip off of the outside of my wet hair and I had to squeeze a little more water out to get it to stick. It's certainly heavy enough to have pulled a little of my texture out. But it also added a lot of slip (finger-detangling went very quickly with it on) and put a MASSIVE amount of extra shine in my hair. It's been three days now and my hair is still noticeably shinier than usual. Oh, and also, the fragrance is REALLY strong.

Out of the products I've tried from the Brazilian grocery so far, this one is probably least likely to go into my regular rotation, but I certainly won't mind finishing off the big tub.

Length
    14/29/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

OMG so recently I moved to Ireland and I want to embrace my wavy hair, they got so many Brazilian shops here! I ordered some Lola products I’m very excited to try them.
    Last edited by Croww; October 28th, 2023 at 01:26 PM.

Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've run out of conditioner again, so I tried another Skala product: "Lama Negra Maicez e Brilho com Carvao Ativado / Hidratacao." I did indeed find it hydrating and my hair has a good shine afterwards, but it did not really affect softness (if anything my hair felt comparatively stiff, despite rinsing thoroughly). I had already detangled my hair so I didn't leave it in as long as I typically would a conditioner. $5.99 at my grocery store.

I will caution that, with the charcoal, it is quite black in color. I tried to take care not to flick my hair around while rinsing out the product, but I still wound up with some greyish soap scum on the walls and curtain that I didn't notice until my next shower ( ;