Results 13,751 to 13,759 of 13759

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    Well, it's very close so I guess you could say that, but I think my, hmm, bc, starts a bit lower than on an average person x)

Plus I usually like to be a little bit past a milestone before I feel comfortable about it, because on a wavier day the ends flip up.

But okay I guess this is around bcl yeah
    I feel ya on the calling a milestone once you're past it a bit. That way the days your hair feels short can't make you question if you're really at a milestone or not

Quote Originally Posted by jmrdelorean View Post
    I’ve just realized this week my hair is officially waist length. Just another year or two and I’ll be at my goal of hip. I’ve had long hair for a while and only last year set a goal for myself.
    Congratz! You'll be at hip before you know it

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Honesly Ylva in the years I've been here I've been amazed at the transformation of your bleached hair to your natural hair - so much fuller, more textured, and something special indeed! I love it.

--

Here's my contribution of the day - a "ok fine we're now back at BCL for the ....3rd? time in as many years" photo, now with finally the hem I wanted!
    That's so nice to hear! Thank you, baanoo! And your own hemline has indeed improved so much over the years. Altogether, your hair is looking very full and healthy, and I love your colour so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Ylva I'm always amazed by the thickness of your 'new' hair.
    I was in a similar situation for the length, in the end I deceided to postpone every decision and let it grow till it doesnt upset me.
    It really does look like a completely different head of hair!

A wise decision to not do anything in that situation. I've also not done anything about my hair yet; there's no hurry to make any decision after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Great hair and great hair length Ylva! I am kind of figuring, like you said, that is a practical length, and I hope to find out with my hair in another year or two. Definitely rich and thick too.
    Thank you so much for your kind words, Brandt! This, between hip and BCL, is my favourite length of all that I've experienced, I think. Still, from time to time, I find myself missing longer hair!

I look forward to seeing your hair past hip, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    You answered your own question in this post if you like it and don't have much desire to grow then you have your answer right there
    I think I did, yeah. The problem is that I still miss longer hair from time to time and keep wondering what my virgin hair would look like at classic, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    I agree! Sounds like you've found a length that is comfortable to you!
    I did already enjoy this length 10+ years ago, and it seems to be my ideal length for most of my life!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I just cut back from classic to waist. The ends were getting sparse and I never wanted to wear it down. It waves nicely when it’s shorter, too. I think I just enjoy my hair the most when it is waist length.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Baanoo and sarana, your hair is looking beautiful and gives me a little lhcitis that maybe I want to start growing mine past HL

————
    I measured last week at 31 1/4” so juuust past HL and feeling good! I may trim mine before I attend a wedding in June, or grow until my planned August trim and cut back to HL then. Maybe I’ll get the BCL by then? Maybe it will drive me crazy and I’ll trim randomly this summer. However, Summer is great for extra length as it gives more options for updo’s
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Krissycats, your waves are so beautiful at waist length! Whatever makes you feel happy go for it!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I always enjoy the color of your hair
    Thanks. I debate about adding more golden to it, but so many people seem to like this color, so I can't decide. I do use an app to lighten it slightly so it shows better in these progress pix.

How's your growth doing? Last I knew you'd cut it short again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    This method results in even, straight hemline. Like Organically Anna does in this video (the cutting starts around 2:20), except I used one more elastic to contain my hair and thus avoided a bit of "freestyling" that I feel she did there.
    Thanks for the info and video link. Gonna watch that in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by secret soup View Post
    Thank you so much! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply back!
    I used to use olive oil (both straight and a creme); my hair loves olive oil. I stopped doing it because it is so difficult to not let any of the oil touch my scalp or scalp hair, especially for a long time (it takes at least 12 hours for my low-porosity hair to absorb it). I can't let any type of oil touch my skin or I will immediately get a terrible fungal (malassezia) infection--even if I wash the oil off!
    Sorry to hear about that allergy. And I often don't reply quickly either, as I try not to hair-obsess, and LHC is like an obsession trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Looking lovely! So good to see you. It's grown a lot since last a length photo popped up - your color is absolutely divine.
    [....]
    Here's my contribution of the day - a "ok fine we're now back at BCL for the ....3rd? time in as many years" photo, now with finally the hem I wanted!
    Thanks. Lots of people say they like the color, so maybe I'll keep it....

I love your hair in that pic! That's the length I want, and very close to the hemline I want. Love the color too.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Ah, my favorite thread. WL-TBL is the most aesthetically pleasing range to me and you all have such beautiful hair Can’t wait to join you this summer!
    Well, summer's kinda here now. ! And I totally agree about the length range. I call it "contouring" when the hair accents body curves but doesn't obscure them. I made a whole Hair Inspo folder on my comp just for perfect-length contouring examples, and a few of you are in it. That length is totally where I want to end up.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    I feel ya on the calling a milestone once you're past it a bit. That way the days your hair feels short can't make you question if you're really at a milestone or not
    Same here. How does one react when someone posts a barely-there-when-stretched milestone call? I just leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    This, between hip and BCL, is my favourite length of all that I've experienced, I think.
    Your hair is wonderful and I think the length is pretty much perfect. Definitely contouring.

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    That's nice and full. Love it, and there should be higher-res pix.

I haven't messed with protein treatments, and my hair has come so far that I'm afraid the masking will suddenly stop working. Hair does get old, ya know.... Any advice, or a thread I should look up?
    I started a thread about Curlsmith products, as I bought two items of the strengthening (purple) line to try. After first time using the Bond curl treatment, my hair does indeed seem a bit stronger and more "substantial" and shinier! I also used the orange line's moisture replenishing spray next day, as my wave pattern seemed straighter.

I have coconut oil and EVOO, and I will have to do an oil treatment too!

Most of my breakage and splits is at the sides, I guess due to getting more friction and being more susceptible to getting caught in stuff etc. I bought silk pillowcases and will try to be more careful with my hair. It's very hot now, so I will probably keep it up a lot to get it out of my neck!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    Your hair is wonderful and I think the length is pretty much perfect. Definitely contouring.
    Thank you kindly! And I am so envious of your colour, it's perfect!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That's so nice to hear! Thank you, baanoo! And your own hemline has indeed improved so much over the years. Altogether, your hair is looking very full and healthy, and I love your colour so much.

It really does look like a completely different head of hair!

A wise decision to not do anything in that situation. I've also not done anything about my hair yet; there's no hurry to make any decision after all.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brandt! This, between hip and BCL, is my favourite length of all that I've experienced, I think. Still, from time to time, I find myself missing longer hair!

I look forward to seeing your hair past hip, too.

I think I did, yeah. The problem is that I still miss longer hair from time to time and keep wondering what my virgin hair would look like at classic, for example.

I did already enjoy this length 10+ years ago, and it seems to be my ideal length for most of my life!
    Well you could always do that and cut back if you didn't like it