Results 4,551 to 4,557 of 4557

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    15"/39.2"/42"CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Calling everyone who is trimming at regular intervals to thicken up or get rid of damaged hair.

It feels like a thankless task sometimes when you really just want longer hair - it would be good to have some inspiration and progress pics from people!

I have been trimming 1/2cm (1/4") or more each month this year. The difference it has made to my hair is just amazing! I need to take some more recent pics, my hair has got a lot thicker. Being able to see the difference is really encouraging, but it still feels quite annoying when all I want to do is grow.

I spent quite a few years saying I would maintain once I got to TB. Well that day never came, as my hair kept crumbling at the ends instead of growing!! My no-trim plan actually set me back because now I am having to trim off the ends I should have been slowly trimming for years. I didn't plan to grow any this year, because my hair always grew slowly so I expected not to see any growth if I microtrimmed. But now my hair is healthier than ever I am still actually seeing growth despite all the trims! I wish I had done this earlier rather than shooting straight for TB...

My progress so far (edit: added progress pics for a whole year)

Anyone else? How often do you microtrim, what are your tips for keeping up motivation?!

Some helpful links

Feye's Self Trimming Method (choice of straight, U or V shaped hemline)
    Spidermom's under the chin method plus Additional info
    Spring's method - Pictures
    CreaClip Blog with pictures of it, tutorials of how to use it can be found on youtube
    Haselnussblond: How to trim your own hair
    How To Hair Girl's DIY cuts - good for trimming layered hair (instead of big cuts you can just use this method to do small trims)
    Veronica Meza on trimming curly hair (video) Start at 4 minutes to see the part about oxygenating the curl and cutting at the end of the C. Whole video is interesting too though.
    Tips for Cutting Curly hair

Emichee's great blog post about the theory behind microtrimming
    Thread about scissors, what's recommended and what to look for
    Cinnamon Hair's journey to thicker ends - great inspiration!
    Last edited by Quahatundightu; April 1st, 2016 at 05:17 PM.