Thread: Help with crazy hair idea!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    shldr/bcl/more?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Help with crazy hair idea!

Maybe try to remove the purple/black before bleaching with color oops or something like that.
    I'm afraid you'll have to bleach several times since the color you want needs a very pale base and henna is difficult to remove, you might fry your hair. So it can't hurt to try something less damaging before ^^

Anyway, i love the idea, good luck

ETA : oh and try this forum, i'm not a member there but they look helpful
    Last edited by Aeltt; June 5th, 2011 at 08:12 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post
    Maybe try to remove the purple/black before bleaching with color oops or something like that.
    I'm afraid you'll have to bleach several times since the color you want needs a very pale base and henna is difficult to remove, you might fry your hair. So it can't hurt to try something less damaging before ^^

Having bleached out henna before, I also highly recommend color oops or something like it before bleach. Manic Panic lightens well, as does any "high lift" bleach. Drugstore box brands aren't worth your time. I have found that under 2 henna applications, bleach takes it out to pale yellow easy enough on my naturally dark blonde hair. Over 2, it only comes out to a strawberry-orangish color and I have to trim to remove it. I usually bleach only once with Manic Panic 30 or 40V to get this color. Any more just ruins my hair. I wish you luck!!! I too love the unnatural colors. I just can't do them or my ex would probably try to get my kids taken away from me.

Have fun!
    Last edited by redheadlynn; June 5th, 2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling :P I need coffee!
    INTP. CO/CWC. Henna/Henna-Indigo. Mom of 3! Growing hair from ear length since May 2011.

Length
    2,5/12,5/CB
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post

I'm not going to try anything myself, no bleaching at home haha. I'll just let the hairdresser do so when I know what's a safe go and what's not. I was afraid so that henna was hard to remove..ouch.