Page 98 of 267 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I've been using castor oil for just over a week on my eyelashes/eyebrows every night and it's already really working! I'm super impressed. I've also used some mixed in with olive oil on my scalp and I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll keep a look out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    My castor oil isn't working the same for me. I don't know if it's because I left it for a while during my exams, but my scalp is itchy and got dandruff again and it doesn't matter if I apply it. Also my face is breaking out badly from leaving it overnight. damn
    you're not alone. It makes me break out like hell that's why I gave it up on my face for awhile.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    My castor oil isn't working the same for me. I don't know if it's because I left it for a while during my exams, but my scalp is itchy and got dandruff again and it doesn't matter if I apply it. Also my face is breaking out badly from leaving it overnight. damn
    That's why I'm very hesitant to try it on my scalp. I used it for a while in a mix for OCM and broke out horribly after a while.

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I really need to start with castor oil again. It made my eyebrows thicker and darker. And I'd like to get my hair looking darker again I will buy some today!
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I took a break from castor oil for awhile, but now my scalp is horribly inflamed, so here goes nothin'.

*is currently 1/2 hour into a 6 hour castor oil treatment*
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    I took a break from castor oil for awhile, but now my scalp is horribly inflamed, so here goes nothin'.
    Oh why it's inflammed? Is it for not using the castor oil?
    My scalp is being crazy for stopping the castor oil as well..I don't know how long should I keep using it till it gets better again.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My scalp is having issues due to some of the medications I've taken recently. The castor oil helps it calm down some.

Did your hair act crazy when you first started using castor oil? It could just be adjusting to this new part of your routine.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Wow, this thread is a wealth of knowledge and information! A lot to absorb, and I'm only up to post #744 out of the nearly 1,000 posts in it, but I haven't seen my question addressed yet - how do you coordinate these oil treatments with henna? I've read that you shouldn't use coconut oil on your hair for a few days after henna, as it can leach the dye from the hair. I henna'd last night, washed it out this morning - how long should I wait before doing a castor oil scalp treatment? I've done a little research, and I think I'm going to use this recipe, both for ease of application and cos it sounds like it'll smell heavenly, but I sure don't want to do anything that may interfere with my beloved henna.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Btw my lashes stayed as they were on the last pics I've posted a month ago(?) So a month of daily applying was enough for me to hit the final point, I think. The freakishly long ones fell out and new ones grow in. So that's my update.
    I'm curious how it goes on with my hair...

Length
    chin/-APL/waist

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia_13 View Post
    I really need to start with castor oil again. It made my eyebrows thicker and darker. And I'd like to get my hair looking darker again I will buy some today!
    Is there a particular type of castor oil you use that adds darkness to hair? I would love the combo tinting/growth/moisturizing!! Its a win-win