Page 216 of 267 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Okay I'm trying to trudge through as much of this thread as possible and it prompted me to go to the 24 hr walgreens at 11 pm so I could start using at once! I'm starting neat and if it's too hard to CWC out ill dilute in sweet almond oil. Getting a shipment of EOs from henna sooq's Black Friday sale so I plan on adding some of them, and reserving a small plain batch for my lashes and brows. I'm doing so many things to encourage growth it may be darn well impossible to tell what's doing what but I need this pixie grown out ASAP! I'd rejoice in SL right now! I will report back in a couple of weeks!

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I just wanted to report the CWC removal procedure I used; it was pain free and effective

As I said above, I applied it straight up last night in a hair color applicator bottle (found that method very easy). When I woke, I put a bunch of runny cone and protein free conditioner on my head, massaged it in and left for a bit while I did my am chores. Them I hopped in the shower and used one of my poo bars (this one was the zizyphus spina christi from mehandi)... It came out super easy. I didn't have to do an extra wash or extra lathering. Then, I DCd because my hair loves moisture. I know I have short hair but HTH anyway

Length
    20/25/35+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

excellent news, tbonita! best wishes on quick healthy growth :-)

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thank you running-girl!!

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Can you do it too much? I oiled my hair last night and washed it out would it be counter productive to do it again tonight and wash it out tomorrow morning? or is stretching washes better than oiling?

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Oiling and shampooing every day would be too much.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/25/35+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I suppose it depends, ebba, on how much handling your hair can take. I wash mine 1-2 times a week, so could see using castor oil that often, but not any more often than that. do you normally wash your hair daily?

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I don't want to drag up an old thread, but I recently started doing this again and I had to share. My hair usually grows 1/4-1/3 of an inch a month, but this past week alone it's grown 1/4 inch! I've only applied three times this past week for no longer than two to four hours. I measure using my roots, as I dye my hair, and always in the same place so I know it's fairly accurate. I will report back if I find my results are consistent, and will see if leaving it on overnight works even better!

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LightSabr View Post
    I don't want to drag up an old thread, but I recently started doing this again and I had to share. My hair usually grows 1/4-1/3 of an inch a month, but this past week alone it's grown 1/4 inch! I've only applied three times this past week for no longer than two to four hours. I measure using my roots, as I dye my hair, and always in the same place so I know it's fairly accurate. I will report back if I find my results are consistent, and will see if leaving it on overnight works even better!
    Great! you are so lucky! I have to go back to the routine of doing this... also, my eyebrows could use some extra help now that i'm letting them grow ...

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Sooo if I have blonde hair I can't use this?