Thread: The "No End Goal" Thread: Enjoying the Journey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The "No End Goal" Thread: Enjoying the Journey

I think I belong here too My "goal" tends to fluctuate - I've set it to TBL just to have one, but I can imagine it being either too long and impractical for me, or if I get used to wearing it up - not long enough. So much like you vampyyri, I'm not sure what my goal is, but I'll know when I get there!

What was your starting point, and how long ago was it?
    Sometime last summer, somewhere around SL/CBL.

2. What made you decide to grow your hair?
    It's never been really long as an adult and I feel like I "have the hair for it" So I'd say curiosity.

3. Do you enjoy the process of growing your hair out?
    Yes and no. I'm too impatient now that I know I want it long and as we all know, it takes a lot of time. But I do enjoy the "oh wow, it's made it this far and it's still healthy!" phase I'm in right now.

4. If you had to make a wild guess, where do you think you'll find your hair's "sweet spot"? Have you had that length in the past?
    Somewhere in the waist to tailbone realm. I don't like the idea of sitting on it, but I love the idea of hair covering my entire back or being half my height and the wow factor of that length.
    The longest it's ever been was around waist/hip when I was 9-10 years old. As an adult it's made it to waist once or twice due to not-so-benign neglect and it's always been in a terrible state by the time I get there, urging me to chop all the damage, usually back to APL.

5. Are you more interested in gaining length, or gaining thickness? Or are you just "meh" about your hair?
    My hair is sufficiently thick, so I'd say length. In theory, I'd love it to get even thicker and be a solid iii (I'm bordering it now, but whether due to shedding or frizz taming, it's thinned a little over the past few months). But in practice, we had the first 20+ degree C days and it's already feeling a bit suffocating when I wear it down.

6. Do you trim your hair?
    During COVID I did it myself and quite poorly lol, but now I've found a great hairdresser so I get it done professionally. I'll join the second half of 2023 no trim challenge, but I imagine I'll need at least two yearly trims until the bleach is all gone.
    I've been S&D-ing since my last trim in February and the splits are not as bad as they'd usually get by the 3-month post trim mark, so let's see how it goes.

7. Has your routine changed since you've been on LHC?
    Yes, it's been evolving the more I learn. I don't have a dream routine yet, but my hair seems thankful for all the tweaks so far.

8. Do you consider your hair to be a big part of who you are?
    Not really. To be honest, my sense of "who I am" is not that strong altogether My friends might feel differently though, out of all my physical features, I think my hair gets the most comments/compliments.

9. Does taking care of your hair make you happy, or is it more of a chore?
    I do enjoy it, only on rare occasions I wish it took less time when I don't have much of it.

10. Do you think you are more likely to eventually land on one length, or try several different ones and change it up?
    I'm already planning a SL cut when my natural hair gets there (probably for summer 2025) and there's a very strong possibility I'll want to grow it long again after that, the natural edition. I like the idea of growing it to TBL and chopping it to SL as a cycle and am considering donating the chops too.
    Last edited by cookies; May 18th, 2023 at 03:49 AM.
    overall: SL>>>APL>>>BSL>>>WL>>>HL>>>BCL>>>TBL
    natural: 0>>>EL>>>CL>>>SL