Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
Even when my hair was shorter I struggled to make secure crown braids. With a coronet, once I've made the full circle and added in all the hair, I continue braiding enough to make a second loop around my head. That part I tuck into the "pocket," and curl whatever hair remains into a spiral and tuck that. It usually only takes three pins to secure--two at the nape of the neck and one at the skinniest part of the "pocket" on whichever side I initially started braiding.
Hmmm...I'm trying to understand what you mean here. My understanding of a coronet braid is just a standard English braid wrapped around the head, whereas a crown braid is braided to the scalp using Dutch braid methods. How do you do it/what hair are you adding in? Is the "pocket" that area where you initially divide your hair to braid? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
I'm nowhere near knee length but I tried the spiral years ago and it looked more like the second version. It's a tricky one.
I have a feeling that's what mine will look like, too! At least for the first several tries haha