Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many cut your own hair?

Length
    3cm/24cm/80cm
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How many cut your own hair?

I've had 5 hair cuts in my entire life (I used to cut my own hair short & shaggy). when my hair was very long I would s&d with salon quality scissors. worked for me!

Length
    12/15/24-25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

How long was everyone's hair before you all started self trimming? My hair is below CBL but i'm worried since it's still so short, that if I try to trim it on my own I will mess it up and end up losing more length.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by kph12 View Post
    How long was everyone's hair before you all started self trimming?
    I think mine was a bit longer than bra strap length and I had my mom trim it for a while. Now that it’s waist length, I put on high heel shoes and get in front of my two mirrors so I can see the back and bottom of my hair, and I literally reach behind my back and trim straight across.

My hair has always been one length with no layers so it’s quite easy for me to cut a straight line. If my mom happens to be visiting when I need a trim, I ask her to do it.

If your hair is all one length, just ask a friend or relative to help you. When it’s shorter, it’s tougher to cut yourself...at least in my experience it was. Depends on the style, I suppose.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I usually trim my own hair. I think I started around hip length. I did go to a fancypants long hair salon back in January and would consider doing it again. But using my hair scissors over the bathroom sink is certainly cheaper.

Welcome!
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gtest View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering, how many of you cut your own hair?
    Has this helped with growing instead of the hair dressed looping it off every 8 weeks or so?

Do you just trim a split end as they show up?

Cheers,
    Georgia from Australia
    Hi Georgia!

The last time I went to a hairdresser, she cut off over 5 inches of my hair. I walked in with MBL and walked out with APL - so no, hair dressers didn't help me with hair growth. I asked her for a trim not a cut. I have found that hairdressers are not interested in hair growth rather hair styling.

I microtrim my own hair now using Feye's method. I s&d regularily and have successfully removed most of my split ends.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kph12 View Post
    How long was everyone's hair before you all started self trimming? My hair is below CBL but i'm worried since it's still so short, that if I try to trim it on my own I will mess it up and end up losing more length.
    I've trimmed it since it was really short. I actually cut it to 0,5 cm to get it all in the same length when I began growing my hair and I've trimmed it ever since and before that.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    30/16/24
    Type
    1b/F/i

I've been cutting my own hair for years now. I'd go to a hairdresser's but like, I don't have enough hair for that and we can't afford something like that. Plus they always treat my hair unnecessarily roughly, so it's actually better that I do it myself. No correlation with growth, of course.

Length
    22.4/25.1/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I cut my hair myself, and the last time I trimmed the ends was today! Thing is though that I have bleached it around 5 months ago and I started to get some split ends..

Length
    BSL/TBL/KL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I'd like to learn to trim my own hair. Hairdressers always trim more than I'd like them too! Any good youtube tutorials out there?

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

me! I've done it for the last ten years. I just watched youtube vids and had fun with it. Having all the control is the best but if there was someone I could really trust I'd be happy with that, it just hasn't happened for me.