Thread: Matrix Biolage

Length
    15"/28"/35"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Matrix Biolage

Has anyone tried and liked this brand? I am just now able to use my awesome perks of being an esthetician (discount beauty stuff-yay!), and I found a store that has the entire line of Biolage. Literally like an entire wall of the stuff.
    So has anyone tried any of the lines from this brand? I was looking at the fortetherapy line and wondering if it was any good. Even the volume one. (I've been wanting to try Aveda's Invati for that but I can't find it at discount anywhere.)

Thanks.
    -XX

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Matrix Biolage

Personally, my hair didn't care for it, Nexxus, or redken. The only pro brand it likes is Abba. It may work for you though.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Oooooh yes my favorite is the hydraTherapie line <3 AS well as the Cera Heat leave ins..I like the cream one and the serum. I love the smell of biolage mostly.
    I avoid volumizing anything because in my experiences they tend to dry out. Ive never tried any of their other S+C but I know I love HydraTherapie enough that I don't even care about the others. The one I am referring to is in the purple bottles. The C is "conditioning balm"
    I also really like the spray leave in "Shake and Shine" Its in a pink bottle. You shake it up and the two in the bottle mix together. Super shiny
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

My hair likes it well enough, but it also likes the plain wrap version from Sally's just as much. Give it a try and see how you feel. It does give my hair really good slip.
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I wouldn't use Biolage especially the Fortetherapie products.
    Biolage don't seem to take particular care with regards to what they put in their products and they've had carcinogenic ingredients in the past and also now in some of their products.

Type
    1c/C/iii

Yes! I love their ultra-hydrating conditioning balm. It is a deep treatment delivered in a minute and I cannot fault it.
    Amo, amas, amat, amodimethicone, ammonium laureth sulphate....I'm feeling the love .

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Reviving this thread. My hair LOVES the Hydra Source line. I use the shampoo, the conditioner, the leave-in spray, the blow dry cream (recently came out) and then I use the thermal spray and their multi-benefit oil serum.

My hair has never looked better! I do blow dry my hair 2x a week on cool but use the blow dry cream as a precaution and I occasionally heat style but so far my hair hasn't been noticeably damaged and my growth and length retention have been the same as before when I air dried and never used heat, but my hair is soft, shiny, and less frizz.

My daughter's use the shampoo, conditioner, and leave in spray and their hair are soft and shiny. One of my daughters has coarse thick hair, and my other daughter has very fine thin hair and both of them have enjoyed these products.

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I recently switched to it too! My hair seems to like it.
    I tried going back to silicones before hand and my hair started clumping together more. But the hydrosource has fixed that issue and kept it smooth. The only downside is I feel like I have to use a lot more conditioner than normal.
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I had bought the Shampoo and Conditioner in gallon size about a year ago because my daughters just loved it and Price wise it made sense. They have been using it this entire time, while I was using Morrocco Method products. I finally had to realize that in the long run my daughters' hair looked so much healthier than mine so I decided to make the switch back to Biolage.

And even with both my daughters, and now me using the gallon sizes we still half a little under half a gallon of shampoo and about 1/4 gallon of conditioner left. My oldest has thick, bra strap length hair; my younger daughter has fine, classic length hair. I currently have bra strap length thick hair.