Thread: Hello long haired beauties... new here, quick question!

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Question Hello long haired beauties... new here, quick question!

Hi All! Welllp I finally made an account. My name is Caitlin and I'm 19 years old and reside in Washington state. I've had long hair ever since I can remember, but it's always fluctuated between looking healthy and nice to getting damaged and having to cut a few inches off. And having bangs and trying to grow them out then cutting them off again. I'm here because I want to grow it out even longer and keep it healthy forever Can't wait to post in the Mane forum!
    Also, I had a question, when signing up I wasn't sure what to put for these categories..
    Hair Type - First Classifier: 1a1a/1b1b1b/1c1c1c/2a2a2a/2b2b2b/2c2c2c/3a3a3a/3b3b3b/3c3c3c/4a4a4a/4b4b The first classifier determines the curliness of your hair (or lack thereof).

Hair Type - Second Classifier: FF/MMM/CC The second classifier determines the thickness of individual hairs.

Hair Type - Third Classifier: ii/iiiiii/iiiiii The third classifier determines the overall volume of your hair.

How can I know which one I am? All I know is that my hair is fine and has a bit of natural wave to it. Any help is appreciated!

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hello long haired beauties... new here, quick question!

Also here are some pictures of my hair, at random times. I just got a trim a few days ago, no recent pics but I'm hoping to not have to trim it as often anymore.

Length
    22/31/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Your hair looks beautiful, MetalMistress. Welcome to LHC, we're glad you're here You remind me of a girl from Shane Dawson's videos... hmm, can't quite remember the name, tho.
    I am also a new member and to answer the questions I sort of felt around my pony tail strands. Haha, I guess I let my hair talk. Here is a thread by PrincessBob, this helped me extremely with the LHC slang and abbreviations.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=54874

Happy Growing

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Thank you, Drachen! Haha that's funny, I've heard that before I think. Welcome to you too then! Thanks so much for the link to the forum. It helped a lot

Length
    APL/BCL/TB
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome to LHC MetalMistress! Your hair is beautiful, and I love your screen name. There was once a visual hair typing guide on the site, but the link seems to be broken. Here is a link to another hair forum with the typing info and some photos. Hair typing is typically done on freshly washed, air dried, uncombed/brushed hair. Also, if you have trouble, you can always start a new post with a photo of your hair in its natural state and ask for help typing.

http://www.untamedtresses.com/long-h...e-photos-1293/

Length
    22/31/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

no problem, gurl

Length
    16 in/30 in/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Your hair is gorgeous and so are you! I love your green eyes!