Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a newbie in the Big Sky Country

Length
    11/25/36
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hello from a newbie in the Big Sky Country

Thanks to everyone for the advice! Are there any particular conditioners you might recommend? My baking soda wash is extremely diluted (1 tbsp in a 24oz bottle, cause I'm a scaredy cat and this is my first time using anything not labeled "Pantene"). So far it's been very very oily until I rinsed it this morning. More volume than I know what to do with!! I mean, holy hairball! No tangles or scalp irritation yet. Got my fingers crossed! Would definitely be open to some conditioning suggestions, as I have heard the baking soda is quite harsh. Hoping to thin down the frequency to maybe once or twice a week once my head adjusts. Thanks again for everyone's input!

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Baking soda and apple cider vinegar has worked wonders for me but it is very drying! Best thing to do is to stretch as long as you can between washes. TBH it's probably only as bad as normal shampoo but minus all the gross weird chemicals.

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Baking soda was also very drying for me. Most folks who use conditioner as a shampoo use the cheap stuff like Suave naturals or VO5, I personally use Suave Everlastng Sunshine, I get it at Walmart for 1.85$ for a reasonably big bottle.

I use Aussie Moist to condition my length.

Also, BS, in my opinion will mess with your scalps oil balance because it is so drying it encourages even more sebum to be produced. So give CO a try, or look for a gentle shampoo without Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie