I joined this site because I can't figure out what I need to do with my hair. I want it to grow long, very, very long, but I can't seem to keep it healthy. I feel like I've tried everything. Last year I was washing my hair using pretty expensive "all-natural" shampoos and conditioners, only washing two or three times a week, and using leave-in treatments, olive oil, leave-in conditioners, etc. I used a lot of products geared towards ethnic hair because I felt like they were the most moisturizing. I went a while without getting a trim and my hair became pretty damaged so I got a lot cut off. Then I tried letting it grow again. I got inspired by my boyfriends hair (he has beautiful waist length hair) and all he does is use cheap Suave brand shampoos and conditioners and hardly ever brushes his hair. So I started doing that and quickly realized my hair wasn't going to put up with the cheap stuff so I started using conditioner only to see if that would make a difference. My hair started getting bad again after growing maybe an inch over about five months. I also take biotin supplements. So my mom got me some Wen, which I don't think I will use again after I finish this bottle because my hair isn't getting any better. I got a trim 3 weeks ago and am already seeing split and broken ends. This is after washing my hair 2 or 3 times a week using only Wen, brushing my hair only the next day after it has dried, using ACV to get a good thorough cleanse every two weeks, and using no other products on my hair whatsoever. I haven't used a blow dryer in a year and I haven't used a straightening or curling iron in at least 3 years and I haven't dyed my hair in 3 years. And yet my hair continues to look awful and unhealthy. I am currently pregnant so I wonder if that could have something to do with it, and if so, can anyone give me some advice to help me get my hair looking healthy? It hasn't look extremely healthy in years and it makes me sad. I want to grow about six inches by a little over a year from now (for my wedding next summer.)