Page 101 of 252 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
    warmed in microwave for 12 seconds, applied to freshly cleansed damp hair. Used a plastic bag with a towel wrapped over that. waited an hour then rinsed.
    oh well, i suppose one thing can't work for everyone.
    Do you mean literally a plastic bag? I use a shower cap, or two, to keep it all in under the towel. Maybe a lot of it seeped into the towel instead of staying on your hair?

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

I did an overnight SMT yesterday and I didnt have to wash it out! I used about 2½ tablespoons each of coconut oil, Aloe vera gel and honey. I only gave it a short ACV rinse because I had the day off and didnt bother about oily looking hair. But it was completely sucked in Usually, I have to give it some CO-washing at least.

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Question Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

WOW, cmg; How did you hair look after it dried? Was it silky and shiny ? Soft? Tangle-free? Was you hair clean to start with or was it in need of a wash before the SMT? This just sounds like a great way to go. I'm in need of a Henna root treatment but I think I'll try this afterward. Let us know the details, please?!?
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Oh well, it was in need of washing and I do deep treatments now and then. Not so regularly but perhaps once a month since spring (changed my hair regime drastically early this year). This time however it seemed like it sucked in alot more than usual. Dont know why. It felt strawy while rinsing. It usually does, also after henna or cassia treatments, probably because I have baby fine hair, but I took this as a good sign. I did an experiment and simply omitted the usual washing out of oil residues. It was a bit shiny afterwards and tangle free. Very strange. I dont have shiny hair normally really (the avatar is not accurate). I thought, on day two it would look good. Normally it looks poofy on day two, so I took a chance here. And there I was, thinking I would have reached some sort of saturation here Check again.

My hair has been very weird since I changed everything last winter/spring. It has changed from "the whole hair looking bad and being damaged" to "half the hair looking ok" and "the other half acting weird".

I need to do a henna on my roots soon again also.

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

PS
    I did a BS wash right before the SMT. My hair likes this and gets soft from this, which is what I currently like. Not using cones, usually I do CO wash.

Length
    29.1/??/43.3
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have done this treatment for my self couple times. Great results so my mom wanted me to do it for her too.

Her hair is short, she desided she wanted it long again. She has redicilous amounts of hair. Lots of thick hair.
    Well her hair went nuts whit this treatment. It has so much volume its standig up. Hair is at ear lenght. Its not bad thing, not at all. But what happend?

Sorry about the confusing explanation.

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Did my SMT for the second time yesterday. I used my favourite Timotei henna condhish, heated the honey in a waterbath (I do not own a microwave, as it hasn't been too long since I have my own place) and added aloe juice (almost impossible to get aloe gel in Poland)

And so: my hair is shining like mad and looks really nice, though my little splits are showing a bit more than usually.. time for an s&d!

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

MasCat: When I am in Poland I go to railway stations and try those shops for tourists! Last time I bought the German brand Heilbronner there. 200 ml and it works well in the hair. Its a bottle with flat top and it says: "AloeVeraGel Hochwertige Hautpflege aus dem Blattsaft der AloeVeraPflanze". Slightly pricy to buy in Poland, but at least they had it.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Soulina View Post
    I have done this treatment for my self couple times. Great results so my mom wanted me to do it for her too.

Her hair is short, she desided she wanted it long again. She has redicilous amounts of hair. Lots of thick hair.
    Well her hair went nuts whit this treatment. It has so much volume its standig up. Hair is at ear lenght. Its not bad thing, not at all. But what happend?

Sorry about the confusing explanation.
    My guess is that her hair is a lot curlier than anyone realized, and getting that moisture infusion really boosted the curl, which created the "new" volume.

We see it a lot in the Wavy/Wurly and Wurly/Curly threads... people start taking steps to start moisturizing their hair and stop abusing it with harsh products and heat styling, and "all of a sudden" they have curly hair.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

cmg, thanks I might check it out when I'm finished with my aloe juice bottle

Meanwhile: I posted a picture of my post-SMT hair in my hair album