Thread: Hi, from Arizona

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Hi, from Arizona

Hi, I have a natural strawberry-blonde color. I went 25 years without a haircut and reached TB length. It never really grew past that length and I kept it there for about a decade before cutting it all off pixie short. I have since been growing it back for the last three years and am currently a bit below BSL. I think I will grow it back to TB length. I always wear it in a single braid down my back or in a loose bun at the back of my nape. I want to try some CO treatments to see how my hair likes it. I have never used anything other than shampoo and conditioner on my hair, so perhaps it will respond favorably in this dry desert heat. Current photo was taken today after unbraiding my hair before showering. I think I will follow the BSL to Waist Length forum and the Red Thread. I look forward to learning from your experiences!

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Hi, from Arizona

You have beautiful braid waves in your user pic! Welcome!

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Gossamer, your hair is awe-inspiring! Thank you!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

A word of caution for when it actually is a dry heat - not this morning! *drip, drip* - Leave in humectants such as aloe will dry your hair out instead of moisturizing it. I haven't had any issues adding honey and aloe to a SMT, but aloe as a leave in when the humidity dips to the low teens and single digits is not your friend.

Welcome!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hi neko_kawaii and thanks for the advice. I have a noob question that I will throw out here. Can I view an overnight SMT treatment similarly to an overnight coconut oil treatment?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I use the two as complements to each other. I tend to do an overnight oil and when I want to wash it out apply a SMT (or just diluted conditioner) for 20 minutes (or longer). The oil comes right out without any hassle.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    10/30/42
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I already feel like kid in a candy store with some great new ideas to try! Thanks!!