Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

This New Wash product is supposed to eliminate shampoo and conditioner as we know it. It's being launched by the founder of Bumble & Bumble prior to being sold. It is really expensive, but the idea is you are only using one product and eventually you can buy pouches to refill an aluminum bottle so there is a sustainability angle as well.

The Forbes article is interesting although it is heavy on the marketing:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome.../#2ff6938b2bac

They don't have samples which is really annoying. Instead, they offer a full money back guarantee, but it's still a lot of money to shell out to just try a product. Any thoughts? Has anyone here tried it?
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

It looks like conditioner, i'm loving the ingredients.. but 40bucks for conditioner?! seriously!

Water/Aqua/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Gluconolactone, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract5, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract5, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Menthyl Lactate, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Citric Acid4, Sodium Benzoate.
    Fragrance/Parfum: Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil1 , Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil1, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil1, Myroxylon Pereirae (Balsam Peru) Oil1, Guaiacum Officinale Wood Oil1, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil1, Citronellol3, Geraniol3, Linalool3, Trisodium HEDTA2, Calcium Gluconate2, Phenoxyethanol2, Tocopherol2, Alcohol6
    Last edited by littlestarface; November 29th, 2016 at 09:15 PM.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    CL/MBL/HL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

The ingredients look pretty good but I won't pay that much. I'll wait and see if a knock off comes out.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Pffft... I'm too oily for this nonsense, I need my scalp stripped! & holy expensive batman! Surprised there isn't gold in this... jeez!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Sounds like another WEN-style product and marketing team. Overpriced for the value it's likely to give, and still won't "replace" shampoo and conditioner for those of us who can't CO.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

I'm going to call on this one. I hope the creator of this line is paying attention to the wen lawsuits. The reason why this concept doesn't generally work is because you will eventually get build up on the scalp which can lead to hair loss for individuals. Just my
    http://people.com/style/wen-hair-car...moves-forward/
    Last edited by Annalouise; November 30th, 2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added link

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

From the ingredients, I can't see how this is "special enough" to warrant that amount in $$. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I can't use things like this, because I need harsh shampoos. So it's 1/ not obtainable where I live 2/ out of my price range!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I had all the same thoughts, but wanted to find out if anyone actually tried it.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Lol, it's only an 8 oz bottle. With a much as I have to use when I CO, that'd last me like 2 washes. So it better be pretty dang amazing for me to spend $40 on two washes.

Length
    1"/79cm/knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have actually tried it and continue to use it.

Yes, for the most part it does completely replace my shampoo/conditioner combo. (I still use the normal shampoos/conditioner after dying, and if I've done a particularly product intensive hairstyle).

This coming from someone who absolutely cannot Co wash without getting lank hair.

I notice it can be a little seeing for my length, so sometimes I need a little leave in after, but for canopy only it's perfect.

Got a great amount of nourished body out of it, but it's so expensive I'm debating going back to my old routine.

Depending on your current routine, the cost may actually balance itself out when you consider it will essentially replace both shampoo and conditioner. I use pureology, which is about $30 each, so it's about equivalent for me on a 6 week refill cycle.