Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

Length
    1/26.5/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

There may not be any detergent in it and the creator wants to keep it simple, but that is a long ingredient list full of alcohol. I'm experimenting with similar ingredients myself, but without the alcohol and much cheaper.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

I am going to go with lots of other ladies on here and call phony. It is overpriced and it will never work for someone who gets an oily scalp on day three without a shampoo.

Lest we forget Wen. Never forget. 😂

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Eh, my hair doesn't like aloe, and I am allergic to lavender, plus it makes my pocket book cry- so it is a no go for me. I would think that many would need an occasional clarifying wash

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Yeah, this stinks of yet another ridiculous money grab. Maybe it is good, but I doubt it is good enough to be worth such an outrageous price tag. I'll stick with my current routine - IMHO, don't try to fix what isn't broken!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm going to try to resurrect this thread.

I have been using New Wash for over a month. I fell in love with it the first time I used it. I posted the following Ode to New Wash to my blog a few days ago:

How do I love thee, New Wash? Let me count the ways...

1. I love your soft, slightly minty fragrance, which fades after I shower.
    2. I love the 1-product cleansing/conditioning experience.
    3. I love how easy it is to detangle after towel drying.
    4. I love that my hair looks fabulous after air drying, as if I had styled it with a blow dryer; my hair falls perfectly into place, following the lines of my haircut.
    5. I love how my hair has no frizz or wiry strands.
    6. I love how my hair looks and feels even better on DD1 and that I don't even have to style it if I don't want to -- I can just comb it and style my bangs back with a little hairspray.
    7. I love how I only have to use a small amount of product to style my bangs out of my face on wash day; I don't have to use any styling products on the rest of my hair.

Yep, it's definitely love.

Full disclosure... I cut my waist-length hair a few months ago. Now I have a shoulder-length angled bob. If my hair were still long, I probably wouldn't be able to afford to use New Wash. But at my current length I've only used half a bottle in four weeks. I use New Wash every other day. On DD1, my hair looks even better than wash day. I have never been able to do that in my life.

I just signed up for Hairstory's New Wash subscription because it's more economical. I also bought their Hair Balm for the first time. I haven't used it enough to speak to it, yet.

I figure that, in the long run, using New Wash will balance out. I no longer have to waste money searching for the "right combination of products."

For the record, I have used Wen and I have CO'ed. Wen was just fancy conditioner. CO'ing gave me mixed results. With New Wash, my hair looks great every single time I use it.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Chin/Waist/40ish
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

This also sound like th other salon brand UnWash which is the same kind of product category. https://unwash.com

I have tried UnWash's whole line and I love the anti residu wash (clarifying shampoo!) and the masque is absolutely divine but the actual lead product was kind of Meh. I got it on the cheap from amazon, so no major loss. But for me it wasn't enough cleaning to my scalp and left my lengths kind of dry-ish, and I thought New Wash might do the same. I keep it in the shower though for those days I find myself having to wash several days in a row or if I'm not feeling particularly dirty. It smells like herbal tea. Anyway, I mention it because they both sound kind of the same (but IMO unwash has better ingredients). I landed at New Wash because I was really interested in their leave in, Hair Balm, more. The ingredients in it are fantastic, but yeah, $36 for 4 oz that my hair would probably guzzle down didn't seem worth it. And I'm kind of annoyed that their ingredient list isn't in FDA order.

I've been trying out some indie leave in's off etsy instead. But.... I think ultimately I've spent about the same in the long run.
    Last edited by LinzDigital; August 26th, 2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Me any my clumsy typo fingers.

I really fancied trying this but it has very mixed reviews and is very expensive, Iv a feeling I'd get bored of it quickly and miss shampoo and conditioner lol

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

This just looks like a CO wash that they renamed to keep from scaring off people who are skittish to the concept. I say if it works for you and you can afford it, good. Everyone's hair is different.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Back in December I bought a 20 oz container of this product. IT WAS 98 DOLLARS! Woooowee- but I wanted to give it a fair shot. I've started using it last week, and I'm going to try to use the whole container and give a review. I'm using the New Wash Rich version, for dry hair. I plan on clarifying once a month still.

It's important to note that my hair is 2c, sometimes a bit on the curlier side, and I often will use mousse, gel, and oils. I'm interested to see if all of these products will be able to be washed out by New Wash.

Anyways, I'll be back to update! So far so good, nothing super notable.
    Last edited by Chasemi; April 18th, 2024 at 12:52 PM.
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Alright today marks 2 weeks of using just New Wash Rich as my cleanser. I have used some conditioner on my ends for some of the washes. I used New Wash on:

4/13, 4/17, 4/20, 4/22, 4/27

I washed a bit more often in the beginning to make sure I didn't get super oily during their "transition period" though surprisingly, I never had crazy oils. I'll include a picture of my Day 6 hair here:

Overall, my hair feels amazing. I haven't used a clarifying shampoo yet, but I will in another two weeks. I've still used my regular styling products and I've had no issue with build up at the moment
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?