Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I want to see pictures of other people's styles, too.
    Seconding this! I'll post link to mine in it's own post right after this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Well, mine's super short and green right now. And a little flat in the pic, because I'd been wearing a hat. It generally stands straight out.
    The more I see your new hair the more I love it Anje!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lou View Post
    Anje, I've been thinking of going super short like you. In fact, I was sure I was going to in the summer for easy swimming maintenance but I just never got around to it and then the summer was over. Do you just buzz it yourself? I love green hair too.

Spidermom, your hair is so thick compared to the women in my life who are your age. Looks amazing, healthy, and fun and you style it well.

I'm growing, but it's not my priority. I meant to go to just above waist and kept going, because why not? I'm scared of short hair styling requirements. But I'm looking forward to trying keratin straightening, and if that works out maybe short styles will be more open to me. If it doesn't work out, I may be cutting back all the chemical induced damage! It's worth it to me to try: I'd much rather have smooth hair than long hair.
    That's porbably how long hair has happened to quite a many people.

I have personally never found short hair styling difficult, but much probably depends on hair type, and the point Hanne brings up in a quote below: whether the cut is done skillfully working with the hair or not.

Good luck with kerating treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    When I had short hair I asked my stylist to work with my hair instead of against it. My bed head looked fantastic. I'd detangle and brush my hair at night and in the morning wouldn't touch it. After hairwash I'd put it in a towel for about 30 minutes and then shake my head and go. I loved it as I'm too lazy and fumble fingered to style my hair.
    I agree that's often the secret to easier short style.

Quote Originally Posted by school of fish View Post
    I just love this idea for a thread It feels to me quite a unique thing on this forum - a meeting place for people with shorter hair who have extensive knowledge of long-hair care!

I think it's great to have a space for those who for whatever reason have decided not or no longer to go the long-long route. I probably don't really belong in this thread because I'm maintaining at a longer length but I will admit I'm really truly enjoying seeing what fun things you people are doing with your hair, the freedom you can feel to style/colour/treat it in various ways with no tsk-tsking about potential damage - you already know the game so your choices are very informed. There's really a sense of joy and satisfaction in all of your posts, it's wonderful to read!!!

If it's okay by you guys I'll be following this one so I can style vicariously through you...
    Thank you for your encouragement! There are so many of us who have shorter hair and who are loving it so it's great we have a thread to get together here! This was Spidermom's idea and there certainly is demand for this type of thread now. ETA: I forgot to add that of course you are welcome to follow the the tread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiruna View Post
    I love this thread, even though I'm a grower (is that even a word?). Even though this is the long hair community, it would be a shame if one would be, like, exiled or something if they decide to chop.
    Thanks! I think it's a valid word and everyone who knows the context will understand it

I agree hair length shouldn't be a requirement, and what is long (or short) hair can be very subjective too. I for one have stayed here over 9 years because this place is so lovely in many ways - during this time I've always been more or less short haired, only once reaching almost BSL but chopping soon after.

So great to see this topic touched s many of us! Here's to a successful thread!
    Last edited by Arctic; December 15th, 2016 at 12:47 PM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.