Hi I've been lurking a while, and decided I'd better say hello and stop being such a hermit.

After years of shoulder length hair in various combinations of layers, no layers, bobbed, experimental haystack etc, I've decided to grow out my hair. I have this fantasy that I'd like to find out what terminal is on me, but I know what I'm like, so I don't want to commit to that just yet! I've decided to start a four year project to see if I can grow out my hair to waist. After that, I'll see if I have the patience to grow it any longer!

Right now my hair's around chin length. I had it bobbed at jaw length back in October, and haven't had it cut since. I do have a trim booked in soon though, and I'll be talking about growing it out with my stylist. She has gorgeous long hair so hopefully she'll understand what I'm aiming for.

I've enjoyed having shorter hair (dries so quick!), and I've enjoyed the freedom to drastically change the base colour every few months. But I fancy a change, and a challenge. A few weeks ago I came across a photo of myself from the wedding of some friends about 8 years ago, and I couldn't believe how long my hair was in the pic (also floored by the fact it looked nice!). I didn't remember having hair that long as an adult, but there it was! It was about BSL, and I'm pretty sure I had it hennaed - it was a lovely red.

It'd be nice to have hair that long again, and longer. I remember enjoying having waist length hair as a kid, and this time - thanks to the Internet - I have a far better idea how to look after it properly, and how to make it look tidy. It'll also be nice being able to wear it up when it's being unruly. Which is most of the time.

Anyway, hi and I hope everyone who ends up reading this is having a great weekend