View Poll Results: How do you use your leave in...

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • On wet hair only, right after a wash, just once.

30 57.69%
  • On wet hair and then dry hair every day until next wash.

15 28.85%
  • On dry hair only, every day until next wash.

2 3.85%
  • On dry hair only, just once.

1 1.92%
  • Cheese.

6 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you use your leave ins?

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default How do you use your leave ins?

How do you use your leave ins? I want to know.

Whether you use oils, nightbloomings hair salves, or some other sort of cream or leave in.
    How do you use it? On dry hair? Wet hair? Only after a wash or a little on the ends every day?

I personally use nightbloomings hair salves every day, but only on dry hair. I shower, let my hair dry and then take maybe a dime size amount and run in through my hair eventually focusing only on the ends.
    I do this every day until my scalp is oily and then its time for a wash.
    Last edited by Rebeccalaurenxx; September 8th, 2017 at 11:31 PM.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: How do you use your leave ins?

I use all of my salves/leave-ins on damp hair from the ears down, right after a wash only (after it's dried a fair bit so that it's not dripping), I find it works much better for me this way. When I apply on dry hair, it just makes me look/feel really greasy and sticky.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

After a wash, on damp towel dried hair, for my LOC/LCO method. Sometimes I use a leave-in + gel + serum, other times a curl cream + gel + serum. I'm quite heavy into the curl creams at the moment (Shea Moisture's Frizz-Taming smoothie).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I use it on dripping wet hair only. I may use oil on the ends dry occasionally but as of a couple years ago, that's very rare.

Putting things other than oils on damp hair will give me greasy string hair once it dries. It doesn't spread evenly then.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

On dripping wet hair right after a wash, and then I will spritz with water and smooth in a tiny amount for my temple flyaway and the ends.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I use a spray leave in which contains mineral oil and dimethicone as well as one of the quats and a UV filter. I have fine hair so it's a battle trying to find something light that leaves my hair soft and feeling clean, I think sprays are my only option. I use it on towel dried hair, from the ears down, and work it in with my fingers whilst detangling.

I'd love to try Nightblooming's Panacea but even for the small sample size shipping to the UK would be about $14, so I'm hoping one day it'll pop up on the swap board!

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dendra View Post
    I use a spray leave in which contains mineral oil and dimethicone as well as one of the quats and a UV filter. I have fine hair so it's a battle trying to find something light that leaves my hair soft and feeling clean, I think sprays are my only option. I use it on towel dried hair, from the ears down, and work it in with my fingers whilst detangling.

I'd love to try Nightblooming's Panacea but even for the small sample size shipping to the UK would be about $14, so I'm hoping one day it'll pop up on the swap board!
    With my fine hair I can do both. I can do leave ins (oils and serums) on wet hair, but when it dries it just seems to need more and then I end up applying some salve to dry hair again. I can do it on dry hair but not wet. Wet hair only likes oils and serums. No cream products or salves or butters.
    I have fine hair but it's incredibly dry, it soaks up every product. Either that or is low porosity and the products are getting rubbed off. Either way, my hair needs a bit every day. I prefer my hair to be moisturizer and "limp", because at least it won't be tangled. For me, it didn't matter because I always end up putting it up or braiding it which conceals what any leave in product does to my fine hair. I suppose though, on a day where I'd leave my hair down I would do something different but that rarely ever happens haha

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    With my fine hair I can do both. I can do leave ins (oils and serums) on wet hair, but when it dries it just seems to need more and then I end up applying some salve to dry hair again. I can do it on dry hair but not wet. Wet hair only likes oils and serums. No cream products or salves or butters.
    I have fine hair but it's incredibly dry, it soaks up every product. Either that or is low porosity and the products are getting rubbed off. Either way, my hair needs a bit every day. I prefer my hair to be moisturizer and "limp", because at least it won't be tangled. For me, it didn't matter because I always end up putting it up or braiding it which conceals what any leave in product does to my fine hair. I suppose though, on a day where I'd leave my hair down I would do something different but that rarely ever happens haha
    Haha me too, well recently anyway I've been putting little bits of coconut oil onto my lengths in between wash days and even though it looks kind of limp I just put it right up and no-one knows

I do find that if I put more than a tiny bit of oil or serum on wet hair (or dry hair) it really does look greasy.

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

I use leave ins on washed hair. Right now I'm really likeing the shea moisture black castor oil leave in.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by reilly0167 View Post
    I use leave ins on washed hair. Right now I'm really likeing the shea moisture black castor oil leave in.
    Oh I love that one! Wish I had a few more tubs of it. I have plenty of the curl enhancing smoothie and the frizz-taming smoothie, but the JBCO leave-in? One tub. I use it sparingly!!! Love it. And it smells divine. Some say it smells like playdoh, but if that is what playdoh smells like (we call it plasticine in Belgium), then wow!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)