Default The NightBlooming thread

A thread for all of NightBloomings products. https://www.nightblooming.com/

For other threads see:
    Panacea
    Oil blends
    Henna more Henna
    Accessories
    Detangler
    Last edited by TatsuOni; August 25th, 2022 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added a link to the store

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The NighBlooming thread

I really do like NightBloomings products.

So far I've tried:

Selkie herbal detangler. The smell is nice, but not overwhelming and leaves my hair as it dries. It helps a bit, but I need more to get a tangle free hair. I've gotten the best effect by first spraying the detangler and then adding some oil or salve after, rather than using any of the products alone.

Triple Moon anointing oil. I like it and the smell is nice and reminds me of my childhood. The smell leaves my hair as it "dries in", but my hair doesn't hold on to smells in general.

Freya's hair salve. The smell reminds me of soap and disappears quickly in my hair. This is my favorite product so far! My hair loves it! As I mentioned earlier, I prefer to first spray in some detangler and then add some salve.

I've bought some more products, but would like to try them a little bit more before reviewing them.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bald/APL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've tried the Freya's Salve as well, and it's a staple. Lasts forever too. I primarily use it in the summer. I've also acquired a beautiful silver clip with flowers on it. I've started wearing it recently. Love it!
    08.1.2020-Bald
    “Her messy hair is a visible attribute of her stubborn spirit. As she shakes it free, she smiles knowing wild is her favorite color” (J. Iron Word)

Length
    SL/SL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I use the Triple Moon Oil, Panceas' Hair Salve, and Moondust Dry Shampoo. As my hair grows longer, I need cones to help with tangles so I add two drops of dimethicone to the oil during application. I seal that in with the salve.

The dry shampoo has been working very well. Often I don't get around to washing my hair and this helps its appearance until I get around to it. Its finely milled and I just flip my hair over and apply to my scalp with my fingertips.

I've found that all these products smell natural/herbal-y, but not floral, particularly the dry shampoo. I'm thankful for that, as fragrance gives me a massive headache.

WC - LOC - air dry - benign neglect

Length
    13/34.5/36
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i

I just got some stuff! So far I have tried Selkies Detangler, Freya's salve, and triple moon anointing oil. Used all once, love!!!!! I can't wait to use them more, and get more products. I used Triple moon the night before a wash, rubbed into scalp and little on the lengths. After the wash, I sprayed the detangler, then applied the freya's salve, then used a curl lotion on my 3B curls, and they are beautiful. Day 2, I refreshed with a little detangler, and used a little oil on the lengths, a little more curl lotion. Love it. My family says my hair looks so beautiful, and smells wonderful.
    WCC, LOC, Self trimmer. Currently BSL - goal is hip length.

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I've got a sampler pack in the mail. So anxious to try them out!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Triple moon anointing oil is by far my fave hair oil. The scent is divine and my hair looooves it.

I use Panacea on my husband's hair when it's looking dry and it works beautifully on his 2c curls. (To the point where I am quite jealous of his locks!)

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Oh I’m in! Love love her products! I have the monthly oil subscription, amazing! All of the salves work great, senarae cassia, omg the scalp scrub , I used it while I took a bath and let it sit on my hair and it was so conditioned and glossy. I also use the rinse and drink the Murvor tea. So I’m like a nightblooming groupie!! I have a bunch of new things in my cart right now lol
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Account Closed by Member Request

The first I got was the three sample panacea pack and I loved what it did to my hair so I got the 8 oz Panacea and I was very frustrated because I just could not spread it through my hair and it was so expensive that I did not want to use more than needed, so I started using it mixed with aloe or vegetable glycerin and then my conditioner and it spreads like a charm and it works very well. I love it and it will be my deep conditioning mask of choice from now on. When this jar finishes I intend on buying a new one. It is that good.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    The first I got was the three sample panacea pack and I loved what it did to my hair so I got the 8 oz Panacea and I was very frustrated because I just could not spread it through my hair and it was so expensive that I did not want to use more than needed, so I started using it mixed with aloe or vegetable glycerin and then my conditioner and it spreads like a charm and it works very well. I love it and it will be my deep conditioning mask of choice from now on. When this jar finishes I intend on buying a new one. It is that good.
    I always put salves on after wash when my hair is wet, after oil. And it’s just to coat the oat side from ears down a small amount.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)