Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

I just put in an order for the salve. I kind of had been MIA for the beginning of this year so I missed the announcement that it launched. I also picked up more chelating crystals and a rollerball of my favorite oil blend (Victorian Lady)

I considered picking up more Enyo, but think I will wait until I am completely out of my bulk bag so I don't have to worry about storing it quite yet.

I am really looking forward to trying the new salve. Ostara used to be my favorite, so we will see how my hair likes this one!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    I just put in an order for the salve. I kind of had been MIA for the beginning of this year so I missed the announcement that it launched. I also picked up more chelating crystals and a rollerball of my favorite oil blend (Victorian Lady)

I considered picking up more Enyo, but think I will wait until I am completely out of my bulk bag so I don't have to worry about storing it quite yet.

I am really looking forward to trying the new salve. Ostara used to be my favorite, so we will see how my hair likes this one!
    I hope you'll tell us how you like it! I've also been MIA for a few months or so...

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I've been using the Feathelas and the Lassea (along, of course, with Selkie) for about a month now. I've used Selkie for years because I love it (AND WOULD ABSOLUTELY BUY IT IN BULK IF I COULD XD) and I'd tried the Lassea before- I liked it, but wasn't really ready to switch to it exclusively.

But with the combination of Lassea + Selkie + Feathelas, I am sold. I had no idea my hair could be this slippery and manageable without cones! I am really, really impressed, and will probably keep this routine going. I've ordered more Selkie and Feathelas now!

I've also been using this routine on my husband's hair (he has 3b/F hair) and it makes it SO soft and manageable. He co-washes with a different conditioner, but uses the Lassea as a sort of leave-in for his curls. Then we apply Selkie and Feathelas, then style. It seems to really help form his curls!
    Last edited by maborosi; April 30th, 2024 at 09:00 AM.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    I've been using the Feathelas and the Lassea (along, of course, with Selkie) for about a month now. I've used Selkie for years because I love it (AND WOULD ABSOLUTELY BUY IT IN BULK IF I COULD XD) and I'd tried the Lassea before- I liked it, but wasn't really ready to switch to it exclusively.

But with the combination of Lassea + Selkie + Feathelas, I am sold. I had no idea my hair could be this slippery and manageable without cones! I am really, really impressed, and will probably keep this routine going. I've ordered more Selkie and Feathelas now!

I've also been using this routine on my husband's hair (he has 3b/F hair) and it makes it SO soft and manageable. He co-washes with a different conditioner, but uses the Lassea as a sort of leave-in for his curls. Then we apply Selkie and Feathelas, then style. It seems to really help form his curls!
    Sounds like a great routine

I use the Lassëa bar for my lenghts (CO-washing) and the Selkie spray and some NightBlooming oils for my hair. I love it! I also use the salve, but not as often as the oils.

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Agree with what Tatsu said above.

I also like to add some of the Selkie spray to my herbal hair dye paste (just pour a generous dose into the jar), as it make it smell better and I think it makes it feel less "drying" for my hair.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Für immer I do that for herbal pastes, too! I usually add some cheap conditioner to mine, but the addition of Selkie really seems to help make it easier to rinse out, and like you said I think it's less drying overall. I also add in the Sunlit Meadow rinse as my liquid instead of water.

TatsuOni- which oils are your favorites? I have come to love the Aamon, I think it was. I'm more using the oils for scent though. :P It sort of reminds me of Nesah but I think I like it more!

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

[QUOTE=maborosi;4019828]Für immer I do that for herbal pastes, too! I usually add some cheap conditioner to mine, but the addition of Selkie really seems to help make it easier to rinse out, and like you said I think it's less drying overall. I also add in the Sunlit Meadow rinse as my liquid instead of water.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who does that.
    Agree about the rinsing! Have noticed that as well, and it sure is welcome.
    Sunlit meadow rinse? Do you have a link to that?

Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Here you go! This one is for light hair, but she also does one for dark hair. I like to use this in my herbal mixes in lieu of water, and I like it as a final rinse whenever I wash my hair. It has some conditioning properties.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Thank you so much for the link. Naturally had to take a look around the store for other stuff as well.
    Might consider trying one of the rinses.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    Agree with what Tatsu said above.

I also like to add some of the Selkie spray to my herbal hair dye paste (just pour a generous dose into the jar), as it make it smell better and I think it makes it feel less "drying" for my hair.
    I peel of slices of the conditioner bar, with a potato peeler, melt it in hot water and add it to my henna.

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    Für immer I do that for herbal pastes, too! I usually add some cheap conditioner to mine, but the addition of Selkie really seems to help make it easier to rinse out, and like you said I think it's less drying overall. I also add in the Sunlit Meadow rinse as my liquid instead of water.

TatsuOni- which oils are your favorites? I have come to love the Aamon, I think it was. I'm more using the oils for scent though. :P It sort of reminds me of Nesah but I think I like it more!
    My favourites are Raven Queen and Aurelia. I have them as misters too, if I just want the scent.