Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Account Closed by Member Request

Default A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Hi all!

I think this might be my fist real contribution to this community. Given the recent thread about creating a new forum for super long hairs, what about dynamizing this one to call more super long hairs to participate and awaken from their slumber?

I got the idea to create a thread dedicated to very long haired models, art, artists and film, yesterday, when a dear online acquaintance, shared with me the work of Stan Shuttleworth, a photographer dedicated to emulate the beauty of long haired ladies,
    that started, mostly, around the 50s, the photographs are all tasteful and gorgeous.
    The website is very basic but shows all of the women that he photographed and a brief description. There are so many different women and so many different
    heads of hair and I am a vintage fashion lover, so all the 50s and 60s vibe makes it all the more wonderful.

So, I am starting this with him and I hope you join me with your own knowledge of long hair painters, photographers, videos.... and so forth.
    I believe we cannot share the photographs or videos here but we can share links to them and maybe even our own reenactments of famous long haired portraits and such... I know there are a few of you that have a lot to add here, so come on, do not be shy.

Here are a couple of links to his work and photography, enjoy!

http://www.angelfire.com/art/rapunze...tqoH36aZhr7lUU

section on The Rapunzel Long hair Archive website by Heiko and Ludmila (This website in itself is a treasure on very long hair art and such, I have a feeling it might have had some connection to the defunct german LHC)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomps...9sw5Jz2bQSB1aA

Photo collection of Stan's work by A. Thompson

http://*************/Photos/stanpage.htm

By The International Long Hair Club

An American wedding photographer shared our passion for longhaired ladies and began to look for models in the 1950s. During the following 30 years he created some of the most beautiful photo collections ever done on this rare topic. He became a legendary photographer who understood as nobody else to catch the fascinating beauty of long hair with the lenses of his camera. Stan Shuttleworth passed away in the 1980s, but he lives on in his unique works.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; January 31st, 2019 at 08:11 PM.

Length
    0 in!/37 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Great thread topic!!! Loved those Stan Shuttleworth galleries.
    back after a long hiatuscurrent length-TBLstill inching towards classic

Default Re: A very long hair collection of models, photographers, film, articles, art

Having grown up during that time I never saw long hair like that

What a treasure ~ thanks for sharing ~ looking forward to what is posted in the future

I have found out that most of this stuff is buried away in the interwebs, so much knowledge and beautiful art.... so I will dig deeper and also will ask the gurus to give me material to post here, meanwhile guys, comment, share, post and visit the links if you so desire.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have no sources to add but those pictures make me want to grow longer and change my wardrobe!

ETA: My mom grew up during that time also. I'm going to ask her if she ever knew of anyone with very long hair.
    I also wonder if those women mostly wore their hair up and only took it down for the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    I have found out that most of this stuff is buried away in the interwebs, so much knowledge and beautiful art.... so I will dig deeper and also will ask the gurus to give me material to post here, meanwhile guys, comment, share, post and visit the links if you so desire.
    That is awesome ~ thank you

Subscribing

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I have no sources to add but those pictures make me want to grow longer and change my wardrobe!

ETA: My mom grew up during that time also. I'm going to ask her if she ever knew of anyone with very long hair.
    I also wonder if those women mostly wore their hair up and only took it down for the photos.
    Yes! That is great, my mom had floor length hair all her life and never ever wore it down, so I think most of them did not but I am curious for more insight, it is a very rural part of the country and working the land, you had to keep it up anyway... so maybe it was different for higher society ladies or for the ones with more manageable lengths?

Groove Granny I have big hopes for this thread to become a good source of information and beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Yes! That is great, my mom had floor length hair all her life and never ever wore it down, so I think most of them did not but I am curious for more insight, it is a very rural part of the country and working the land, you had to keep it up anyway... so maybe it was different for higher society ladies or for the ones with more manageable lengths?

Groove Granny I have big hopes for this thread to become a good source of information and beauty.
    That's amazing....our ladies wore their hair in the typical curled/waved 50's styles and was usually no longer than SL.
    No wonder you were so inspired to grow super long ....and gorgeous I may add

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Wow, just wow. I can feel the lhc-itis creeping in for sure.

I think you are right Groove Granny. All those times my aunts made fun of me, my mother always stood by my side. She still has long hair but she asked my sister to cut it back to tbl a couple of years ago. She still wears it bunned all the way though.