View Poll Results: How long was your hair when you decided to grow floor length hair?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzz - Chin

5 11.90%
  • Shoulder -CBL

5 11.90%
  • APL - BSL/SBL

5 11.90%
  • Waist -Hip

6 14.29%
  • BCL-TBL

2 4.76%
  • Classic - FTL

3 7.14%
  • Mid Thigh - Knee

1 2.38%
  • Calf-Ankle

5 11.90%
  • I'm already Floor and want to keep going!

3 7.14%
  • A Pox on your Poll!! I just want Cheese! Aka 'Other'

9 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Growing to Floor Length Club

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default The Growing to Floor Length Club

This Probably could be merged Into the terminal thread but I wanted to make a specific club for this. I can't be the only one wanting floor length hair! Come join me if you are aiming for floor or already have floor length hair, a hangout if you will, let's be motivated!

I also will make a poll ( it's a multi choice poll!)
    Where your starting point is or there is this mini
    Questionnaire

What is your Starting Length in Inches/Centimetres?

What body marker are you at

How Many Inches/Centimetres is floor on you

If you know your growth rate how many years do you think it will take to reach floor?

Will you be Trimming or not Trimming?

What made you decide to grow to Floor?
    Last edited by Bat; August 19th, 2023 at 04:58 AM.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Growing to Floor Length Club

MY starting point was 8 inches long, the body marker where I'm at now is MBL almost to WL. The number of inches that floor length is on me is 63 inches. Well, my growth rate is 1.5 inches per month. So, I think it will take me 8 years for me to reach floor length from where i'm at today. Will you be Trimming or not Trimming? Well, it depends on if my hair really needs it. But mainly no I won't be doing too much trimming so that I can retain the length. What made you decide to grow to floor? Well, as a kid at my old church I saw this girl with very thick floor length hair, and it was always beautiful every Sunday when I saw her. Over a period of time we've become really good friends too. She has been my inspiration ever since!

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I didn't ever really decide to grow to floor length, so much as I decided to go for terminal (probably when I was about knee length). Then after quite a few years at floor+ but still slowly growing, I decided I'd had enough of the whole experience and cut back up to mid-calf, where I no longer stepped on my hair even when braided. It was a fun experiment, but since my June 2019 cut, I've gotten back to floor twice (by spring 2020, and again now when wet) and mannnn is it annoying accidentally stepping on my hair again sometimes when I'm washing it. I'll get around to trimming back to calf somewhere when I have time to think about it!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I really don't think I want to actually grow to the floor either. Because, of stepping on it when it's dry and when washing it while it's wet. I think I will maintain it at ankle length. Like, what "Crystal Gayle," does with hers. She always keeps hers trimmed up to her ankles so she doesn't accidently step on it.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I'm aiming for floor! (not terminal)

My true starting length: 27" ~BSL
    Currently: 61.5"? My tape measure is too short now

Mid-calf

71"

If you know your growth rate how many years do you think it will take to reach floor?

At least 2 years if I continue to trim.

I'll be trimming; I'm still cutting out damage and maintaining my hemline.

I want to grow as long as possible with a blunt hemline, and barring any genetic limitations, I think floor is my final goal.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    MY starting point was 8 inches long, the body marker where I'm at now is MBL almost to WL. The number of inches that floor length is on me is 63 inches. Well, my growth rate is 1.5 inches per month. So, I think it will take me 8 years for me to reach floor length from where i'm at today. Will you be Trimming or not Trimming? Well, it depends on if my hair really needs it. But mainly no I won't be doing too much trimming so that I can retain the length. What made you decide to grow to floor? Well, as a kid at my old church I saw this girl with very thick floor length hair, and it was always beautiful every Sunday when I saw her. Over a period of time we've become really good friends too. She has been my inspiration ever since!
    I'd love to grow 1.5cm a month better than my 1cm

Quote Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
    I didn't ever really decide to grow to floor length, so much as I decided to go for terminal (probably when I was about knee length). Then after quite a few years at floor+ but still slowly growing, I decided I'd had enough of the whole experience and cut back up to mid-calf, where I no longer stepped on my hair even when braided. It was a fun experiment, but since my June 2019 cut, I've gotten back to floor twice (by spring 2020, and again now when wet) and mannnn is it annoying accidentally stepping on my hair again sometimes when I'm washing it. I'll get around to trimming back to calf somewhere when I have time to think about it!
    Ahh to have the genes to grow that long

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    I really don't think I want to actually grow to the floor either. Because, of stepping on it when it's dry and when washing it while it's wet. I think I will maintain it at ankle length. Like, what "Crystal Gayle," does with hers. She always keeps hers trimmed up to her ankles so she doesn't accidently step on it.
    I might end up cutting back to ankle if I get to floor plus but I want to experience floor length once in my life

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    I'm aiming for floor! (not terminal)

My true starting length: 27" ~BSL

Mid-calf

71"

At least 2 years if I continue to trim.

I'll be trimming; I'm still cutting out damage and maintaining my hemline.

I want to grow as long as possible with a blunt hemline, and barring any genetic limitations, I think floor is my final goal.
    Woohoo thanks for sharing, you are so close it's great

Length
    10/23+/fun

I have absolutely no business on this thread....ha ha....never be able to hit that long...nor have the guts to be a guy with hair that long if it even grew that lengthy...but it did catch my eye.

One question:

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Ms LL, do I need to send you a longer tape measure? I own several for my home projects....lol

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post

Ms LL, do I need to send you a longer tape measure? I own several for my home projects....lol

O.R.
    I've taped a 36in tape measure to my 60" tape measure back when I still was measuring!

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
    I've taped a 36in tape measure to my 60" tape measure back when I still was measuring!
    That's how I measure.

I aimed for floor, but my terminal (pretty sure I'm there, have been for a while) is knee.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I need to invest in a tape measure, but I don't really measure often, just when I reach a milestone