Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver hairstick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silver hairstick?

So a few days ago my toddler bit off the hairstick I had been using for the past 4 year. I was devastated and tried to compensate for my loss by getting a fancy silver and stone hairstick. It'd look like this when it's done, just with different choice of stone. Is it a good choice for hair? I never used metal hairstick before so I have no idea how it'd feel like on my hair. I hope it wouldn't be an impulsive buy

Last edited by valkyrie90; November 3rd, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Default Re: Silver hairstick?

I don't know why it wouldn't be good. I actually like metal hairsticks (I use double-pointed knitting needles) because they can be thinner while still being strong-- they dig into my head less than thicker hairsticks do.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

My go-to hair stick right now is S-shaped, like the one in your photo, and it holds really well. It's a slippery, metallic material as well.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If your hair is slippery... I would get a pair. Yep, you'd need at least 2. Quattro (he's on Etsy, I can give you the link if you want) does basics, basic forks (without decorations), and they have "microgrooves", things that sort of "catch" on your hair, so it won't slip out as easily. I love them. It's the only thing I wear, but then I don't have slippy hair.
    Thanks lapushka. I"ll try out the basic ones. The 4 prongs look fabulous, though

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie90 View Post
    Thanks lapushka. I"ll try out the basic ones. The 4 prongs look fabulous, though
    I have 1 4-prong, and don't get me wrong, it's nice, but nothing that my 2-pronger can't do! I love my 2-prong ones. I don't wear sticks often, and when I do, even with my poofy hair, I need 2!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I have 1 4-prong, and don't get me wrong, it's nice, but nothing that my 2-pronger can't do! I love my 2-prong ones. I don't wear sticks often, and when I do, even with my poofy hair, I need 2!
    I don't need 2 but hairstick doesn't hold my hair really well. If I could find one that does, than 1 should be more than enough. I'm eyeing one basic fork and one silver 2- pronger with gorgeous gemstone. Gotta get the basic one first then see how it goes from there.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't need 2 but hairstick doesn't hold my hair really well. If I could find one that does, than 1 should be more than enough. I'm eyeing one basic fork and one silver 2- pronger with gorgeous gemstone. Gotta get the basic one first then see how it goes from there.
    Even hairsticks that work well, me? I still need that 2nd one. Maybe it's because of the layering in my hair, not sure.

I think you're right. I would hold off on the intricate decorated ones until you tried the basics out first, and they're super comfy for showers (aluminum does not rust), for things like that. And a basic is perfect for that!

Even hairsticks that work well, me? I still need that 2nd one. Maybe it's because of the layering in my hair, not sure.

I think you're right. I would hold off on the intricate decorated ones until you tried the basics out first, and they're super comfy for showers (aluminum does not rust), for things like that. And a basic is perfect for that!
    Damn , now you make me wanna get one even more ! What size should I go for? My hair is shorter than classics now that I have 3" off . I want to use it in the bathroom , also at night if it could hold well to that level lol

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Damn , now you make me wanna get one even more ! What size should I go for? My hair is shorter than classics now that I have 3" off . I want to use it in the bathroom , also at night if it could hold well to that level lol
    I get the typical 5 inch for a basic (so no topper), so that's the entire length of the fork that you have to "play with". But in doubt, just poke a pencil through, position it with how far you want it sticking out of your bun, measure that, and that's your length.

I get the typical 5 inch for a basic (so no topper), so that's the entire length of the fork that you have to "play with". But in doubt, just poke a pencil through, position it with how far you want it sticking out of your bun, measure that, and that's your length.
    Thanks lapushka. I just ordered a 5 inch basic. If it had a topper, I'd want it to stick out more . With a basic, as long as it holds my hair well it doesn't matter how much sticking out. I'm excited!