Thread: Can I flag several users in my reply, without using reply with quote?

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Can I flag several users in my reply, without using reply with quote?

It makes more sense to write a few paragraphs that covers all their comments. In Facebook I can use @username. Is there a similar feature here?

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Can I flag several users in my reply, without using reply with quote?

Unfortunately, there's no tagging feature on LHC. Even directly quoting someone won't give them any notification, but they can find it if they search their name. If you just write their names in the post (and maybe bold for effect), they'll be able to find it through search too.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Can I flag several users in my reply, without using reply with quote?

We don't have any mechanism that will alert people to replies or comments that are directed at them, but visually @username works quite well and most people know how to check for new posts on threads they have commented on. Another option commonly used on LHC is to put username in bold text.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks. I just tried the Bold and like the result.