Thread: Can't edit signature, also site is super slow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Question Can't edit signature, also site is super slow

So basically the tl;dr of this thread is: don't use unicode characters or it'll break everything, feel free to disregard! Also the loading issue let up finally after several days of abysmal loading times.

Original post:

I've been running into an issue with trying to update my signature, the text box below it is empty/uneditable. When I refresh the page, it shows up for a split second and then disappears.

I have some screenshots about what I'm encountering (also yes, I use a dark mode extension on chrome and tried toggling that too, that wasn't the issue.)

Here is the code I see for a split second before I see it trying to load.

Loading, totally normal, which then turns into...

This. Totally missing the text, this is all in the course of 2 seconds. Getting these screenshots was a doozy because it happens so fast.

I tried clearing my cookies/cache, it didn't change anything. So it makes me think this is server side perhaps? Also the site has been really chugging along and slow to load, are these things related? Because as I was typing out this post and inserting the pictures, it was saying the page was unresponsive. This post took way longer than it should have

Is anyone else having issues with the site or is it just me

ETA: Now the site is loading faster for me, but the signature issue is still doing what I outlined above. This morning and last night I was waiting a full minute for threads to load, and now it seems to be loading quicker... for now. It's been off an on for a while now, but maybe it heard me
    Last edited by vampyyri; January 1st, 2023 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Troubleshot it and figured it out!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights