Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for daytime hair oil for fine, ever so slightly wavy hair?

Default Recommendations for daytime hair oil for fine, ever so slightly wavy hair?

Mostly lurker here. I’m between BSL and WL. I have been using Virtue healing oil because it was given to me. It like on lengths and ends because it doesn’t make my hair greasy and smells great - maybe only semi takes frizz though. Though I love the property of not making my hair instantly too greasy to wear down, I don’t really think it is doing anything for my hair. I’m looking to tame frizz and keep it hydrated between washes. Ideas?
    Context:
    Yes I have some highlights/bleach.
    I sleep on silk and have silk cap.
    90% of the time I air dry and comb only after dry.
    Yes I’ve tried to see if the ever so slight wave is actually wavy hair but it really isn’t. I had stick straight hair until 40 (47 now).
    I use redken s&c and olaplex 6 on those occasions I use a detangle comb through damp hair.
    I wash every 2-3 days.
    I’m not married to my routine nor products but want to care for the bit of bleach in there.
    A million thanks in advance!!!!!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Recommendations for daytime hair oil for fine, ever so slightly wavy hair?

Howdy, good to meet you! For me rinse-out oil helped more to combat frizz than leave-in oil did.

Default Re: Recommendations for daytime hair oil for fine, ever so slightly wavy hair?

I like camellia oil, but like shelomit, I tend to use it during the wash rather than as a leave in. I use just one drop (my hair is around MBL not very thick) and I put it in after I have rinsed out the shampoo, and before adding conditioner, then rinse them out together.

I often use babassu oil as well, but I apply that to dry hair for a couple of hours before washing. I find these oils and methods don’t cause build up on my hair, and don’t weigh it down.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I second pre-poo oil. Really helps cut down on frizz for me. I saturate my hair in coconut oil before washing. I also do CWC to keep the shampoo off my length. It's never oily or weighed down.

I use a few drops of jojoba oil as a last step overtop a cream (and sometimes mousse). Using the more penetrating oils seem to weigh my hair down too much, so I use those as a pre-shampoo (mainly olive oil or coconut oil). Maybe a light weight leave-in spray would do better for what you’re looking for?
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I do the rinse out oil method mostly, occasionally I will smooth a few drops of baby oil through dry hair as well. My hair is fine and cobwebby in texture.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I use a few drops of jojoba oil as a last step overtop a cream (and sometimes mousse). Using the more penetrating oils seem to weigh my hair down too much, so I use those as a pre-shampoo (mainly olive oil or coconut oil). Maybe a light weight leave-in spray would do better for what you’re looking for?
    I second jojoba oil.
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If a routine works for you... I would not mess with it. Oh, me too. There was a time I started questioning every little thing I did. The ingredients of stuff. The way I did things, even how and when I combed/brushed my hair. All this to say, if something works, don't question it, just go with it, stick with it, and be happy. Picture perfect hair is a pipe dream, honestly, it is!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you everyone!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If a routine works for you... I would not mess with it. Oh, me too. There was a time I started questioning every little thing I did. The ingredients of stuff. The way I did things, even how and when I combed/brushed my hair. All this to say, if something works, don't question it, just go with it, stick with it, and be happy. Picture perfect hair is a pipe dream, honestly, it is!
    I don't agree. I have made changs in working routines and changed products and found a routine and products that work even better for me.

I don't know where you live. But I love NightBloomings oils, detanglig spray and products in general. https://www.nightblooming.com/shop/
    Last edited by TatsuOni; August 25th, 2023 at 01:35 PM.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights