Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to become a member and contribute! This site is just a wealth of information and it's been really fun looking through it. I appreciate everyone taking the time to share their stories and advice.

My hair is about waist length now, and about 2B-2C so just a little shrinkage. This is the longest my hair has ever been! Growing up I always kept it quite short. I always had pixie cuts and sometimes buzzed the back and sides. This was mostly for comfort's sake; I am autistic and have sensory issues regarding hair touching my face. Also, when I was a teenager I was in my "rejecting femininity" phase and preferred for my hair to look boyish, lol. Starting around 2019 is when I became much more lazy with my hair. I haven't seen a hairdresser probably since then. I just never got around to cutting it and one day in 2021 or so I noticed it was really quite long?? When did that happen??? I have had my partner trim it for me once or twice since then but otherwise I still have not cut it in several years.

I've really grown to like having long hair now. I like the way it frames my face and I really blend in at all the metal concerts, haha. This year I have started focusing on caring for it better - using better products and pampering it. This site has been so useful on that journey! In the past I don't think I understood what hair type I had and how to care for it, or knew how to care for my scalp properly. I'm getting much better at keeping my scalp and hair hydrated, and my hair care routine is now one of my favorite self-care activities! I am working towards healthier hair, and am curious to see how long my hair can get! :)