Hello, nice to meet you all!

My name is Pfefferminze, I'm in my early 30s from the UK. I recently had a baby 7 months ago.

In my late teens and early 20s, I had lovely mid back length hair. Fine, and thin, but lovely length wise and it was easy to do things with like braids and styling. In my mid 20s I got more into the gym and I suspect the increased frequency of washing, the higher wear and tear on it (I basically either had my hair up in a tight high ponytail or had it straightened and down for all of the 2000s and most of the 2010s, dyed it with home dyes twice a year) it started to get very ratty and coupled with being a student, I didn't have the time or money to get it trimmed. I cut it to about shoulder length and since then have been fighting a losing battle to get it back to anything near what it was.

During my pregnancy I didn't get the famous 'hair growth/retention' that everyone says you get, but I certainly have got the post-pregnancy shedding! My hairdresser said it should have stopped by about 4 months post partum but I am still struggling and can get clumps of hair in my hands from simply brushing it some days.

Type wise using this website https://www.fhiheat.com/blogs/journa...your-hair-type I believe it to be either 1A or 2A. It's very thin, very fine and doesn't hold a heated curl but if I braid or put my hair up in a bun does hold that curl. If I let it air dry the bottom half goes wavy but not all the way around.

Looking forward to talking to you all and getting some tips on how to improve my hair!