Thread: Political ads on LHC

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Unhappy Political ads on LHC

I'm not sure how much control site owners have over ad content, but recently I have been seeing alot of inflammatory political ads on LHC. I can't believe this has much to do with my individual internet history (I avoid politics like the plague for the most part). In the past, all the ads I've seen here have been the typical etsy listings of the last 5 products I clicked on and whatever nonsense weight loss pill (because I am a woman under the age of 35), but never such aggressive political targeting. I'm going to pop ad-block on for now because things like this bother me. Is there anything I can do to dispel these ads? I don't see them on any other site.
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Political ads on LHC

I haven’t seen any political ads, yet. You can try tailoring your ads by clicking on the triangle in the upper right corner of the irritating ad and clicking on the options that open. Mods have no control over ads and the site owner has very minimal input from what I remember reading a while back, the ads are mostly driven by the service that hosts the site.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Political ads on LHC

Thanks neko, I'll try that!
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts