View Poll Results: How did your find LHC?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google

24 50.00%
  • YouTube

3 6.25%
  • Another site

5 10.42%
  • Social media

1 2.08%
  • Someone else talked about it

6 12.50%
  • Can't remember

5 10.42%
  • Through the power of cheese!

4 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you find LHC?

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How did you find LHC?

Running out of arm length at the time, huge barrier, and I needed some ideas to find The Way so google probably.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

There was a youtuber named Coffee&Makeup who mentioned it. I really liked her videos and thought she was super relatable. I started coming here, and she stopped posting.
    I'm glad she had mentioned LHC
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Sort of by accident. There's recently been a series of events surrounding a popular haircare method for tight curls that it turns out may have been harming, not helping, people's hair, despite it being touted as the next best thing, basically, and people were saying that the "creators" of the method actually took it from various long hair care forums that were popular back in the day (and back then, people were just sharing what worked for them, not telling people they had to follow their methods or anything), and being curious I searched some of them up, and found some of the original posts, which talked about other posts and threads and sites and at the end of the rabbit hole I found LHC.

I instantly knew I'd found my people! Usually I lurk awhile before joining a new forum, but I signed up almost instantly and have been loving the community here ever since.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I believe there is already a thread like this buried somewhere, because I remember replying to it (but that´s definitely not a complaint or anything like that).
    I don´t mind repeating myself (am I conceited? probably) : Exactly around this time last year I had my winter-hair depression, was at WL and I didn´t know what to do with my fine, tangly hair anymore, so I really considered doing a DIY lob cut. As I was googling all about shoulder-length cuts and lobs in particular, that phrase (something about "lob haircut") directed me here, of all places. I was stunned about the depth and wealth of hair-related information on the forum, and after a month or so of lurking, I signed up, and have been grateful for the community ever since.

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I was looking for inspiration and hair care routines when i had just passed shoulder length. I ended up on LadyLongLocks’ site while researching conditioning masks. Saw she had mentioned LHC, and came over here

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I believe there is already a thread like this buried somewhere, because I remember replying to it (but that´s definitely not a complaint or anything like that).
    I don´t mind repeating myself (am I conceited? probably) : Exactly around this time last year I had my winter-hair depression, was at WL and I didn´t know what to do with my fine, tangly hair anymore, so I really considered doing a DIY lob cut. As I was googling all about shoulder-length cuts and lobs in particular, that phrase (something about "lob haircut") directed me here, of all places. I was stunned about the depth and wealth of hair-related information on the forum, and after a month or so of lurking, I signed up, and have been grateful for the community ever since.
    I know there is one or more of those threads. But I'm more interested in how people active today, found there way here, than let's say someone who used to be here 15 years ago.

Personally I'd like to see new versions of a lot of the polls floating around, to get a more accurate result of what the answers are today.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    waist/TB/long

I was here from the beginning and came here from the previous incarnations of this group. It's been a loooong time.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I was googling something like "Why is my hair frizzy?" and it seems all hair related questions lead to the LHC!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Noctifer told me about it, and so, one of the times I was over at her house I registered my account.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Well, the cheese was too hard to resist. No. I was on a Belgian long hair forum (long since defunct) and they kept talking about this place, and so I came here, made an account almost immediately and the rest is history. Over a decade ago now. Since 2005 in fact. That's almost 2 decades. My goodness.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)