Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm also here because of the Historial Hair Growth Challenge!

Length
    20/20/28
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Post I'm also here because of the Historial Hair Growth Challenge!

Hello! I wanted to start off by saying that I'm new to forums, so please forgive me if I use the wrong terms. The previous thread mentioned the Katherine Sewing Historical Hair Care Challenge, and fittingly I'm participating in it! Though only partially by using boar bristle brushes and finger combing my hair. Before I fully implement Historical Hair Care, I want to use up all my commercial hair products to avoid creating more waste. I came across LHC through Reddit, but unfortunately, I had to delete my account there due to some weird people. My hair length is currently at 20 inches, so Armpit Length, but I'm aiming to grow it to 28 inches, Hip Length! I've spent a few hours lurking around the threads here before signing up, and they have already taught me so much! By the way, I'm also taking part in the No Trim challenge, so wish me luck!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I'm also here because of the Historial Hair Growth Challenge!

Hello, welcome to LHC! Good luck with completing your challenges and goals
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    20/20/28
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Thank you <3

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! I certainly can't claim to be very "historical" in my approach, but finger-detangling became an utter necessity for me after a certain point in length.

Hi 👋 I'm at armpit length too! Following the challenge as best as I can. I have decided to alternate between clay wash/ acv rinses and my current products. I haven't purchased anything new I just happened to have bentonite clay on hand. I hope to use up some things I have as well before purchasing more. I have a mixed boar brush and hope to purchase a 100% boar brush soon too. I'm also slowly transitioning to finger detagling. I really like getting tangled out with my crave brush. I'm trying to incorporate more protective hairstyles instead of my go to low ponytail. Anyway, It's nice to have someone here doing her challenge too!

Length
    20/20/28
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Thanks for all the welcomes omg! <3 And Vintagerapunzel, how funny that we're both on Armpit Length and both doing the challenge haha. I wish I had the clay on me, but I have some leftover shikakai powder that I'll probably use as a substitute. And I can 100% recommend the pure boar bristle brush, it works amazingly and doesn't make my hair static at all! My current "protective style" is a claw clip, but if I read the threads correctly, doing the same style every day will cause breakage? Ahh. We'll learn as we go, I guess.

Finally got myself a 100% BBB! I have read too that changing up protective styles can help avoid breakage. My go to style is a low ponytail...not really protective but I have been styling with more braids. I actually love milk braids as I feel really professional in them as I milk my goats lol. I make sure I use only satin scrunches only with my ponytails so I at least am doing a little to protect my strands.Anyway how did the challenge go for you?