I hated being bald! It was the one thing about chemo I was really dreading (I had breast cancer. Nearly five years cancer free, but still have to be on Letrozole until September of next year, which is the same year I have to get my driver's license renewed, but that's in July), since I have this bone on the back of my head that sticks out too much if it's not covered by hair. It's grown back now, but a few shades darker than it used to be (strawberry blonde/red). It's now light to medium golden brown, natural not dyed (since I haven't dyed my hair since 2005 when I dyed it a darker shade of red, since I was still strawberry blonde at the time).

I got teased for my hair too, but it had nothing to do with the length (which wasn't any longer than shoulder length, since my Mom just didn't like dealing with it. I didn't start growing it long until I graduated from high school) but because mine was probably prettier than theirs (I have natural curl, that got a bit curlier after coming back from chemo), so they tried to convince me I had spiders in my hair (tarantulas, if I recall). Don't you think I would feel them if that were the case, but I wasn't as tough back then as I am now.