Thread: Is there such a thing as gigantic, super lightweight, non-velcro but spiky rollers?

Default Is there such a thing as gigantic, super lightweight, non-velcro but spiky rollers?

I feel like if I had something that was sort of like a roller brush, but much larger, and I could use just a few of those to get all of my near-waist-length and fairly thick hair rolled up and setting overnight, then that might work great for adding some volume and large gentle curls. But there's just not much else that works for uber fine and really long hair. For heat-free styling, anyway. So are my dream rollers just that? A dream?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Is there such a thing as gigantic, super lightweight, non-velcro but spiky roller

I have velcro rollers in a *huge* size, I think they're the biggest around, they're blue (sizes are per color). Maybe look them up? If you handle your hair gently with them, they're fine.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Default Re: Is there such a thing as gigantic, super lightweight, non-velcro but spiky roller

Check amazon, they have a lot of really huge non-velcro rollers.

Alternatively, you can use flexirods! I got some absolutely GORGEOUS curls out of them the other day. They were slightly uncomfortable to sleep in, but if you position them correctly, it should be okay.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

The "old" metal wave-set rollers (war-time generation) maybe are an option, but they only come in smaller sizes. Let me look the biggest one up for you, and tell you under which name you can find / Google them. My mom uses them, as her mom and grandma before her.

Here's an example; this is the biggest size they come in and you fasten them with a pin that you stick through; basically it's a bristle-brush roller. Downside is often you need to push the bristle brush out (it's nestled loosely in there) to get the rollers out.
    https://www.hairoutlet.be/product/si...6-mm-12-stuks/

Yeah, velcro might be a better option...

And all the rest? It won't stay put, or will not come in big enough sizes.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Maybe Olivia Garden Jet Set? Although the largest size is only 2.5 inches