Thread: Sisi Museum - Vienna

Default Sisi Museum - Vienna

Hi

One of my occasional visits, hope anybody who remembers me from the old days is well?

I'm taking a punt 'mane forum' is the place for this one..

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to visit Vienna with Mrs Merlin, and went to the Sisi Museum, which I cannot praise highly enough. It's a very well curated journey though the life of this very remarkable woman who was about just so much more than her hair! They also have all three of the Winterhalter Portraits of her, including THE one you see reproduced everywhere and which is just so much more amazing than any reproduction: I must have spend 20 minutes looking at it. The sheer technical brilliance of the painting alone is breathtaking, let alone the overall impact...and she was just so beautiful...sigh...

Anyway, I took some photos, which I thought people might like to see. Because of the faff of trying to do an online inline thing I've created an album in my profile area called Sisi Museum and you can see the three wig displays of her hairstyles, and the accompanying information cards there. If anybody would be interested in seeing any of the photos of her dresses say so and I'll upload some..
    "Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Sisi Museum - Vienna

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Gorgeous hairstyles! So nice to have the good descriptions too. Thanks, Merlin. Good to see you.

Go to the Friendship board and look for the Old Timers thread - if you haven't already!.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Thanks for sharing those! I really like hairstyle 2. I'd love to be able to reproduce it somehow.

But then I can't really tell what is meant by "braided in at the side edges and then pinned up at the back of the head". It looks like more than two braids, or maybe they're just folded and stacked multiple times. Her hair was floor length right? Maybe the wig isn't actually that long and it's just meant to be an approximation. I'll have to try it for myself.

The buns are really beautiful as well and make me want to be more creative with my day-to-day updos

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thank you OP for sharing the pictures

A bit off topic (?) but I´ve recently seen a movie Corsage (2022) which is very loosely based on Sisi´s life - or rather it´s a modern take on what her life could have been - but I was mesmerized by her hair (well, wigs) in the movie, it certainly played a part of its own.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thanks for sharing!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

... and now I have a new hair movie to watch!

Those pics are so awe-inspiring, but I think I'll never be able to style my hair like that.
    In a grow and cut cycle...

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

These are neat images, thanks!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE