Thread: New, 58 with major thinning and oiliness.

Length
    16/16/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default New, 58 with major thinning and oiliness.

Good Morning, All!

I'm very happy and relieved to be here. I'm in much need of advice.

I am experiencing major thinning and breakage, along with heavy oiliness. I admit, because of this, I cut all my hair off (which was mid-back length) a few years ago into shoulder length. I'm at my wit's end-the only thing I haven't tried yet are a few supplements I need to add in and Minoxidil for women. I've been reading through the forum an hour or so each day for the last two weeks.

I'd love to get my hair long again, mid-way or longer down my back. I'm a farmer and a gardener, and love having it up out of my way in a bun. I miss that.

I'm going to post a much longer message detailing all my trials and tribulations with this hair loss, what I'm trying, in another thread. And hope for advice from women who have been through this type of hair loss.

Mara

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: New, 58 with major thinning and oiliness.

Howdy, good to meet you! I hope you are in a happier spot with your hair soon.

I've been telling everybody, so I'll tell you too since you're a gardener/farmer: I've spent the last two growing seasons prepping a bed for asparagus, and this week my crowns are finally on their way!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Hi, welcome to LHC! It's great to have you here!

We have members here of all ages and stages in life, and lots of threads dedicated to all kinds of hair concerns and the like. I hope you'll post your thread here soon, talking about what all you've tried (and any tests you've had done, etc) so people will be able to give more helpful advice, and hopefully avoid any re-hashing of stuff you've already done.

Oh! I'm a gardener too! We have a thread for gardeners in the off-topic boards that I hope you'll join! (Once you get to 25 posts on the other forums you'll be able to view that section of the site)

Happy growing!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi Mara! I'm almost the same age and a gardener too! Looking forward to hearing what you've tried and where you're at. See you around
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

Good day!
    Do you dye your hair? I noticed for many people (it depends on the person though) dyeing can cause the hair to become thin and to break off.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/16/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thank you, Everyone, for the kind welcome!

My background is in nursing, so I did do various labs when this hair loss started, and have been on a supplement list for a month already. I've done quite a bit of reading here and have incorporated a system I hope will work-various shampoo's I've found in threads here-what seems to work, what doesn't. I have a good amount of time today, and when I do make that post later, it's going to be a long one and hold alot of information that I hope others will find helpful. I still have lots of questions, though.