Quote Originally Posted by alys View Post
Delilah - My dogs walk on concrete to keep their nails down. My cats use my furniture. I dont know how much polished jade is around for animals of the wild to walk on really. I don't know that without either trying the jade comb, or at least comparing jade/horn under a microscope, to tell which would be better.
Akurah why did you not like yours? You didnt really specify...Was it because the teeth were not smooth? What made you unhappy about it, I'm am respectfully curious
(as my hand is hovering over the BUY NOW box in the next tab)
I don't dislike it, I like it plenty. I bought it because it was carved to be beautiful, and I never had intent to comb my hair with it.

When I DID get it, the texture of the stone alone, running my fingers across it and across even the polished parts? I'm pretty confidant when I state that jade isn't a good material to comb your hair with. Even the tines, between them, the stone is sharp enough to damage hair despite being polished pretty thoroughly.

Not to mention how fragile jade is--for example, you can sit on a well carved horn comb or a well carved plastic resin comb, and the comb won't break. Jade WILL break if you sat on it. It's just.. it's better as jewelry and decoration. Not for hair combing. I wouldn't recommend a jade comb to anyone who actually intends to use it on their hair as opposed to simply own it to have it--the odds of getting a comb, regardless of how polished, with tines too sharp for the hair are too high.

Continuing on the fragile front, if the tines are even the least bit thin, I have no doubt a tangle in the hair would be more than capable of breaking jade.