Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    23,2/27,6/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

How do you guys apply this castor oil thing? I tried to massage it into my scalp, but I'm not really sure that it worked. I had so much hair that I felt my fingers didn't reach the scalp at all. But I'm not sure. I ended up with stiff, crunchy hair instead I mixed it with coconut oil (a few dashes of coconut oil, a few dashes of castor oil, just to try it out because I couldn't use it un deluted, it was sticky like nothing else)
    Lady Phemonoe of the Lilting Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Do you have an eyedropper tool, tinti? Someone else mentioned using a cotton swab in another thread.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I dip my fingertips into the oil and then part my hair and mainly massage my head around this parting. I wouldn't oil an eyedropper or a pipette (is it the same thing?) for this as I still have to make the massage with my hand.
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dina L. View Post
    I dip my fingertips into the oil and then part my hair and mainly massage my head around this parting. I wouldn't oil an eyedropper or a pipette (is it the same thing?) for this as I still have to make the massage with my hand.
    This is how I do it too. I massage all over my scalp though. I think using a dropper or hair dye bottle would get too messy as the oil is pretty sticky.
    hoping for BSL by september!

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Today is my third go at this. I've been using the 50/50 castor oil/EVOO mixture (with geranium and lavender EOs added for scent) that I use for OCM on my face. I pour about a teaspoon of it into my palm, and add one drop of rosemary EO; I then dip the fingers of my other hand into the oil and rub it onto sections of my scalp. I use 2 of these palm-fulls to do my whole head. And WOW has my hair been loving this! I think I'm gonna keep using it even if I don't get faster growth, my hair just loves this stuff!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I have Castor Oil in my hair for the first time now! Mixed it with Jojoba oil but maaaan it is greasy and thick O_O

Has anyone tried to mix it with Rooibos tea? I mean, because people are using that as well.. I thought.. maybe you could dilute it with that? :P

Also, how often do you use it? Every day? Every 3 days, every week, etc.?
    Last edited by oktobergoud; July 15th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Compare July 2, 2011 - July 18, 2011 - started castor oil/scalp massages on July 11th, have done this about every other day since.

The arrow in the left picture is at my "measuring freckle," which is no longer visible at all! Is it just the angle/distance from the camera, or have I had some CRAZY growth?!?! I put a line at my shoulder, to try to make it apples-to-apples comparison, and it looks like I've gotten an inch in the 16 days! I think I'm gonna go put some more of this stuff on my head!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knoxkatie View Post
    This is how I do it too. I massage all over my scalp though. I think using a dropper or hair dye bottle would get too messy as the oil is pretty sticky.
    this is what I do as well , I find that I can't really tell how much I am using with a dropper or brush . I think this helps not get too much by using the sensitive fingers, I believe the massage helps as well.
    I use a very mild shampoo and never have a problem getting it out. Also I have been leaving it in overnight , perhaps that helps it "soak" in and that is why I don't have a problem removing it ?

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

CrisDee, that is AMAZING! Now I feel like giving myself another scalp massage
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Has anyone added castor oil to shampoo as a means of regularly applying it to the scalp? Would it be of any benefit? I mean, since it would be rinsed off.