Page 102 of 267 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I shed like crazy, too. I'm sure it's a combination of stress, diet, hormones, and genes.

I just bought some castor oil and I plan to try some masks so I'll update on my progress. If it can slow my shedding, that would be fantastic.

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyronnaise View Post
    I am basically in love with the castor oil. I have been using it once a week since the beginning of March, I do an overnight deep soak on the scalp with a wash in the morning. I am proud to say that I haven't missed a week .
    The results have been so amazing for my scalp. It clears away any dry skin or what have you , and it feels so clean and clear for days afterward. I have a giant crop of baby hairs, I'm a little overwhelmed with all of it to tell you the truth. The newer hair that has been treated with lots of castor oil is so amazingly soft and healthy.
    I started it to fill in some areas that were looking a little bare after my post breastfeeding megashed.
    I am just loving this stuff, it has done really nice things for my scalp and my hair.
    Also I wanted to add that I feel that I have gotten lots of benefit from using it just once a week.
    There are a few recent pics of my hair in my 'Hairdos' album under Solstice pictures .

I have tried doing it overnight. with my hair so thin though and easily falling out im afraid to leave it in overnight. Always wonder if when i toss and turn if it pulls on the hair or somethign. I sleep with a sleep cap but doesnt seem to be benefiting my hair much it is too loose on my head.

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Well...castor oil is on my head. I mixed it with a blend I use (jojoba, evening primrose, apricot kernel, avocado oils) to cut the thickness a bit. I'm not going anywhere for a while so I'll leave it on a few hours. I wonder what makes it work?

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I used castor oil for the first time the other day and I LOVE it. I heated it up a little with some camellia oil and let it sit for an hour or so, and my hair is so so so soft and feels amazing. Next time I'll probably leave it on over night, so we'll see how that goes

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Misti View Post
    I don't know whether soft water can change the ph of your hair, but I'd be afraid to count on it. If you don't want to use vinegar or conditioner, it might be a good idea to limit the bicarb.
    Pure water has a pH of about 7, which is neutral. The scalp is naturally on the acidic side so it needs the extra boost in that direction from something like an ACV rinse.

The water here is exceptionally soft... <3ppm. I still have to use an ACV rinse after a BS wash or my hair is a tangled mess as well. I think as far as water hardness is concerned, I could probably get away with using a more dilute ACV mixture. Apparently the ACV is also helpful for counteracting the minerals in hard water.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

So I left the castor oil on my scalp all day and just washed it out. I shed as much as always (a whole lot ) but I'm not giving up just yet. Maybe it takes some repeated use to show any change?

Length
    26.4"/27"/31.5"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveMuse View Post
    So I left the castor oil on my scalp all day and just washed it out. I shed as much as always (a whole lot ) but I'm not giving up just yet. Maybe it takes some repeated use to show any change?
    I had to do some treatments to see the difference, I hope it's the same with you! *crossfingers*
    Mum, when I grow up I'll be a photographer!

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Im currently getting back in my castor oil track but with my regimine im wondering where i could fit in the acv rinse since i noticed a change in the thickness of my hair. any thoughts?

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    I have tried doing it overnight. with my hair so thin though and easily falling out im afraid to leave it in overnight. Always wonder if when i toss and turn if it pulls on the hair or somethign. I sleep with a sleep cap but doesnt seem to be benefiting my hair much it is too loose on my head.
    Hi, I took an old piece of jersey ( so I wouldn't have to seam - lazy) and cut it into the shape of one of those turbie things. I use it as a turban on deep soak nights , so I don't get the pillow greasy and it's cool because you can tie it tightly if you like .

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyronnaise View Post
    Hi, I took an old piece of jersey ( so I wouldn't have to seam - lazy) and cut it into the shape of one of those turbie things. I use it as a turban on deep soak nights , so I don't get the pillow greasy and it's cool because you can tie it tightly if you like .
    Someone on another thread suggested using sleeves cut off a t-shirt as a hair wrap, it'd probably work very nicely for this as well.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.