Page 111 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I have been trying this so many times, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Whatever I mix it with, it gets SUPERSTICKY and it HURTS to apply it on my scalp I never even get to the scalp, just the hair close to the scalp. My hand get all stuck up in my hair and I end up sitting there angry with nasty har.. Advice?

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I have now read through the entire thread! What a lot of useful information! I was surprised at how infrequently some questions were repeated, actually. So I've decided: I'm going to get on the castor oil bandwagon ... I guess fast growth would be nice but thickening my ponytail circumference would really be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    Bah, I was going to do a treatment last night, but I got lazy. I enjoy stretching my washes to every two weeks, and faster hair growth is not going to change that.
    This is one problem I foresee myself having! I only wash once every 7-10 days and the rest of the time I WO-wash which I'm guessing, judging by most of the responses, won't be sufficient to remove the castor oil. I saw one response up there somewhere about a BS/ACV no-pooer who reported that a BS wash was sufficient for removal. I'll probably CO wash it out instead as that seems to be a gentler method... I find BS dries out my ends so I just use it sparingly on the scalp when needed.

I have a couple of questions - please chime in if you have any experience at all!!

If your routine is BS/ACV or WO, how do you make that jive with castor oil treatments? How much, how often, how long do you leave it, and what to wash out with? I'm afraid of getting increased sebum production again... my scalp has settled down and it's happy where it is... I've found that CO-washing out deep treatments once a week or less is ok, which leads me to the next question.

Has anyone piggybacked a deep treatment onto this?? If I have to CO-wash to get this stuff out, I'd rather do it infrequently (once a week or less). I was thinking about a castor/avocado oil mix on the scalp, then an avocado or other DT on the lengths. Then CO-wash it out.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
    Just thought I would jump on the bandwagon here

I wanted to post (for anyone interested) proof that something is working, and I really think it's the castor oil. I am a seeing is believing person myself, so seeing these little sprouts on my head is very exciting!

The only new things [other than switching to no cones] that I have been doing of significant difference is Castor oil with a drop of Lavender EO every three nights before I wash in the morning. This process has been 3 weeks in the making!
    I noticed similar looking sprouts myself, but I'm wondering about something.

How do you know they're new hairs and not frizz? Could you get that kind of sprouting from only 3 weeks?

To tell you the truth, I wasn't convinced my sprouts were new hairs. I thought it was either frizz or hairs breaking from all the scalp rubbing
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlAhead View Post
    I have been trying this so many times, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Whatever I mix it with, it gets SUPERSTICKY and it HURTS to apply it on my scalp I never even get to the scalp, just the hair close to the scalp. My hand get all stuck up in my hair and I end up sitting there angry with nasty har.. Advice?

try heating the oil a little (let it sit in a bowl or applicator bottle in hot water) and then apply it. might find it wasier that way. what are you mixing with your castor oil and how much?

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I thought it was breakage at first too until I looked very closely and found nothing but tapered ends. How exciting! It's all new growth!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Curlahead, have you tried mixing it half and half with grapeseed oil? That's the lightest oil I could find at the health food store and I'm having no problem spreading it. You may want to try that and also heating it up will make it a little runnier, plus I expect it would feel great!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Okay, I am back on the castor oil bandwagon! Is everyone applying it to wet or dry hair? And is anyone applying it to their length? I'm sick of my hair loss, and babyfine, thin, frizzy hair.

im in the same situation you are. I have been castor oiling for about 2 months and have noticed baby hairs coming from the scalp where i lost my hair. It will take time but we have all seen good results

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    I have a dropper bottle that I pre-mixed everything in. I used 50/50 castor and grapeseed oil with some lavender and helichrysum which are also stimulating EOs. I put a drop on each finger tip, then rup the fingertips on each hand together to have it on both hands, and then work on sections of my scalp until my whole head is done. Then I put a little on the ends and comb through with my wooden comb and put it up to sleep. I wash it in the morning.

i do the same thing but i have to use a sleep cap becuase my hair isnt long enough to put it up without damamgeing it.

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alyanna View Post
    How do you know they're new hairs and not frizz? Could you get that kind of sprouting from only 3 weeks?

To tell you the truth, I wasn't convinced my sprouts were new hairs. I thought it was either frizz or hairs breaking from all the scalp rubbing
    They look like new hairs because of the tapered ends. From the picture they look several inches long, but I could be mistaken. I doubt they could've gotten that long in 3 weeks.
    hoping for BSL by september!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    try heating the oil a little (let it sit in a bowl or applicator bottle in hot water) and then apply it. might find it wasier that way. what are you mixing with your castor oil and how much?
    Thanks for the tip about heating it, I'll try that. I have tried olive oil, water, conditioner, some oil I don't know the name of, canola oil.. I always dilute it at least 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    Curlahead, have you tried mixing it half and half with grapeseed oil? That's the lightest oil I could find at the health food store and I'm having no problem spreading it. You may want to try that and also heating it up will make it a little runnier, plus I expect it would feel great!
    No, I haven't.. What is that? I haven't seen it in any store..